Cozumel Food Tour
OverviewMeat-stuffed empanadas, shrimp tacos and sweet Mexican pastries are on the menu for this 3-hour culinary tour of Cozumel. Located off the coast of Playa del Carmen, the island is actually closer to Cuba than it is the Mexican capital, giving its cuisine some Caribbean flair. Get a taste of it with the help of a savvy guide who leads you to five local hotspots for samples of classic Yucatecan food, cerveza and agua fresca. Round-trip transportation from downtown is included on this small-group tour, limited to eight people.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free drinks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourCozumel, surrounded by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, is as much influenced by the Mayan and Spanish roots of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula as it is the cultures and cuisine of the Caribbean. During this small-group food tour, indulge in the local fare of the island, where youre always within arms reach of something tasty.
Meet your food-savvy guide downtown and board the minivan en route to small, off-the-beaten-path eateries and food stalls. Start with a favorite snack of Mexican empanadas before moving on to tacos stuffed with fish fresh from Cozumels shores. You can wash it down with a cold cerveza.
Visit an open-air market for an introduction to regional produce, spices and other ingredients used in Yucatecan cuisine. After witnessing the bustle of shoppers, your guide stops at a neighborhood family-run restaurant, called a cocina economica, for simple but delicious home-style fare.
Finally, top off your 5-hour food tour with tastes of various sweet pastries at a traditional Mexican bakery. Sip agua fresca a nonalcoholic fresh fruit juice blended with sugar and water or enjoy refreshing cola or lemonade. End with return transport downtown and take delight in just having taken a huge bite out of Cozumel.
Inclusions for Cozumel Food Tour
- Food tastings at 5 locations
- Drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Cozumel Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Gluten-free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Important: Please note tour departs at 11am Cozumel Local time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cozumel Combo: Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting plus Discover Mexico and Chocolate Workshop
- Tulum Ruins and Tankah Park Eco-Adventure Tour from Cozumel
- Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cozumel
- Glass Bottom Boat departing Cozumel
- Wheelchair-Accessible Private Island Tour of Cozumel
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving in Cozumel