CPT PRIVATE WINE TOUR - Cape Town
OverviewExplore the 3 Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl. Get to taste amazing South African wine.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
- Stellenbosch 1 Vineyard (one of our choice or you choice if you have one)
- Stellenbosch village museum
- Fransch Hoek 1 Vineyard (one of our choice or you choice if you have one)
- Huguenot Monument & Musuem
- Paarl 1 Vineyard (one of our choice or you choice if you have one)
- Paarl Afrikaans Language Monuement (If time permit)
STELLENBOSCH ( 2 Hours)
The Stellenbosch district is the second oldest wine region in South Africa, after Constantia, and is responsible for around 14% of the country's annual wine production. The region is surrounded by the Helderberg, Simonsberg and Stellenbosch Mountains.Stellenbosch Village Museum
Our first stop will be at Stellenbosch Village Museum. The museum includes four period houses which depict the way people lived and the difference in architectural styles over the periods illustrated.
FRANSCHHOEK ( 2 Hours)
Franschhoek Afrikaans for "French Corner", is a small town in the Western Cape Province and one of the oldest towns of the Republic of South Africa. Franschhoek will soon be South Africa's first wine region to form a classification system (Appellation Grand Prestige) for its wines, with Semillon, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon being identified as the area's most tried-and-trusted grapes over a number of decades.
French Huguenot Museum & Monument
While being in Franschoek after the wine visit. We make a quick stop at the French Huguenot Musuem and Monument. The Huguenot Memorial Museum portrays the history of the French Huguenots who came to South Africa at the end of the seventeenth century. Right next to the Musuem we have a look at The Huguenot Monument, which, is dedicated to the cultural influences that Huguenots have brought to the Cape Colony after their immigration during the 17th and 18th centuries.
PAARL ( 2 Hours)
Paarl is the largest town in the Cape Winelands. It is situated about 60 kilometres (37 mi) northeast of Cape Town in the Western Cape Province and is renowned for its haunting scenic beauty and deep viticulture and fruit growing heritage. The former headquarters of the wine industry in South Africa is also situated here.: This was the famous "Co-operative Wine Growers' Association" (better known by its Afrikaans initials KWV). KWV became a South African institution that has acquired an international reputation based on its unique achievements and its imprint of quality on the local wine industry.
Afrikaans Language Monument
Our final stop will be at the Afrikaans monument. The Afrikaans Language Monument is located on a hill overlooking Paarl. The Afrikaans language monument symbolises influences of different languages and cultures on Afrikaans itself, as well as political developments in South Africa.
Inclusions for CPT PRIVATE WINE TOUR
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Photographer/Guide (when available)
Exclusions for CPT PRIVATE WINE TOUR
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.