Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip From Launceston
OverviewCradle Mountain is a not to be missed highlight when visiting Launceston, Tasmania. Discover thisamazing wilderness area as you enjoy 5-hours exploring the Cradle Mountain day walking area, with a variety of short and longer walking options. See beautiful Dove Lake, climb to a lofty peak for amazing views, discover the local wombats and the natural history of this World Heritage environment.
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourCradle Mountain National Park is an area of iconic scenery with a huge variety of walking trails to choose from in this stunning world heritage listed area. With around 5-hours to spend in the National Park, the walking itinerary is flexible to suit guests and the weather conditions on the day.
After departing Launceston, enjoy a short stop in Sheffield The Town of Murals. Sheffield is a small and quirky village where the history of the Cradle Mountain region is depicted in artworks across the buildings throughout the town, this includes the opportunity to see the famous Easons Mural.
Continue your journey into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5-hours of possible walking time before you. Choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit or climb to loftier peaks to view the vastness of the surrounding World Heritage Area from Marions Lookout. Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream, watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat, or enjoy the many photographic opportunities that abound. Your tour guides will carefully assist to ensure everyone has an opportunity to enjoy short, easy or longer walks that best suit everyone and the day ahead.
Cradle Mountain is the backdrop for a truly memorable and not to be missed Tasmanian experience.
On the return journey to Launceston, stop and sample some local tasty products at the award winning Ashgrove Cheese Factory. Return to Launceston around 7pm after a huge yet unforgettable Cradle Mountain day.
Inclusions for Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip From Launceston
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Walking tours
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip From Launceston
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnBs). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.