Creswick Woollen Mills Tour
OverviewCreswick Woollen Mills is the home of luxurious, natural fibre products designed in Australia. Founded in 1947 Creswick Woollen Mills is now the only coloured woollen spinning mill of its type in Australia. Located in Creswick, a small country township approximately 120km from Melbourne, only 20 minutes north-east of Ballarat and 20 minutes south-east of Daylesford, Creswick Woollen Mills has become a household name both in Australia and globally. Creswicks continued success is attributed to ongoing research and innovation, as well as dedication to high quality with exclusive designs. Take a tour through the mill to see the journey of fibre from shearing the wool from the alpaca, through to the manufacturing process to how it ends up on the shop shelf.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourOn arrival at Creswick Woollen Mills, youll be met by a friendly staff member, and then you have the opportunity to get up close and personal with resident alpacas.Walk through 'A Very Fine Yarn' (the word 'yarn' means, tell a story, but also means a thread of natural fibres like wool). This showcases the journey of fibre from shearing the wool from the alpaca through to the manufacturing process and how it ends up on the shop shelf. The exhibit gives a great insight into natural fibre, how luxurious fibres are processed and gives visitors a chance to see Australian manufacturing as it happens. See the amazing old working machinery, visit the alpaca viewing deck with the opportunity to fee and pat the alpacas.
Visit the largest collection of natural-fibre, unique products in regional Australia created at the Mill including alpaca blankets, alpaca quilts, throws and homewares. There is a great selection of natural-fibre fashion for men, women and children include beautiful soft gloves and scarves.
Inclusions for Creswick Woollen Mills Tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Creswick Woollen Mills Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.