Crete Evening Wine Tasting In ChaniaWrite a Review
OverviewSavor four varietals of wine alongside traditional Cretan snacks during a wine-tasting experience at a cellar in Chania! Led by a passionate and knowledgeable Cretan wine expert, the 1.5-hour tasting session offers an introduction to the history of the island’s wine and its esteemed varietals. Samples are chosen according to the group’s preferences, and glasses are teamed with traditional light delicacies such as smoked meat, cheese and rusks (twice-baked bread).
Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group experience, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourMeet your wine-expert guide at a bistro in central Chania, and start your experience by answering a short questionnaire to outline any specific interests you may have. Your guide is a local with lifelong experience in the wine industry and an excellent companion for your 1 hour and 15 minutes wine tasting.
Before sampling some exciting varietals, learn about Crete’s winemaking heritage and its history. Cultivated for nearly 4,000 years, Cretan wine traces its roots to the inland region of Vathipetro where the first wine press — thought to be roughly 3,500 years old — was found. Nowadays, the island boasts 10 varietals of wine, of which seven are white and three red, with high levels of acidity that complement the islander’s diet of fresh seafood and wild greens.
Learn about popular Cretan varietals such as the aromatic thrapsathiri or the delicately flavored vilana grape, and hear of the sweet moschato spinas with its floral and fruity tones. Based on your group’s answers to the questionnaire, your guide will select four different wines for you to try; these may be local, Greek, international, or even made from a variety of different blends.
Sip on the wine while learning about nearby Cretan vineyards, and savor an assortment of traditional light dishes alongside each glass. The delicacies vary, but typically you can expect fresh bread, rusks and a platter of local cheese and smoked Greek meat.
At the end of your tasting session, purchase some of the wine to take home, if you wish, and then bid your guide goodbye.
Inclusions for Crete Evening Wine Tasting In Chania
- Local guide
- 4 samples of wine
Exclusions for Crete Evening Wine Tasting In Chania
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Bangkok Hotel To Koh Chang Hotel SIC
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya Hotel
- Chiang Mai - Half Day Mae Sa Elephants At Work!
- Dream World & Snow Town With Lunch SIC
- Jim Thompson House Private Tour
- Chao Phraya Princess Cruise With Dinner
- Angthong National Marine Park By Big Boat
- Van On Disposal Within Bangkok Area
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Phuket Fantasea Show