Crete's Wine And Olives Safari Tour From Chania
OverviewHop in a Land Rover and let it take you on a culinary and cultural journey through Crete. This Greek island is renowned for its wine and olive oil. On this full-day guided tour from Chania, see how olives are harvested and turned into extra-virgin olive oil. Visit an olive mill and check out a 3,000-year-old olive tree. Sip wine while touring a vineyard. Commune with sheep and goats while making your way around the island in the Land Rover before visiting a 16th-century house where you’ll learn all about Cretan knife production. Finally, enjoy a typical Cretan meal in a small tavern.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourSafaris arent just for gawking at exotic animals. On Crete, a safari is much more intoxicating. After being picked up in a Land Rover at your hotel in Chania, take a full-day guided tour through a landscape decorated with olive trees and vineyards. This is a tour filled with wine, food and fun. Expect to come away with a thorough knowledge of Cretes culinary and cultural history.
Stop by an olive oil mill to learn from your guide about how olives are harvested to make extra-virgin olive oil. Youll even see a 3,000-year-old olive tree. Moving from olives to grapes, take a tour of a vineyard and taste the wine while learning about the ancient Cretan methods of wine-making.
Sit down in a small tavern and enjoy a typical Cretan meal. The cuisine of Crete is renowned for its life-giving, longevity-producing qualities. Expect fresh herbs and greens, seafood, feta cheese, and maybe even savory pies.
Stop by the chapel of Agia Paraskevi, set above a huge cave. The cave, 525 feet (160 m) deep and 118 feet (36 m) wide, was a shrine to an ancient fertility goddess long before the church was built. At the conclusion of your tour, youll be dropped back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Crete's Wine And Olives Safari Tour From Chania
- Local guide
- Land Rover transportation with driver
- Lunch with wine
Exclusions for Crete's Wine And Olives Safari Tour From Chania
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Please wear comfortable shoes and bring sun screen and your camera
Child seats are available; please request them at time of booking
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre & Navarasa Kathakali Centre , Thekkady
- Museum of Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Arrival Transfer: Airport to Hotel
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport
- Sharjah Aquarium Entrance Ticket
- Millionaires Tasting Experience with 2 wines