Crime And Mystery Walking Tour Of London's Southbank
OverviewDiscover tales of treachery and treason on a walking tour of Londons criminal past! With a local guide, explore the lively Southbank area on foot while admiring landmarks linked to the citys conspiracy theories, tragic events, jewelry heists and robberies. Learn of the Great Fire of London and Guy Fawkes Gunpowder Plot, and take in sights of Southwark Cathedral, London Bridge, Shakespeares Globe Theatre and more.
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Londons Southbank, and set off at a leisurely pace to discover the sights and stories of Londons dark underworld. One of the most prosperous cities for centuries, London has also been home to some of the worlds greatest crimes, misdemeanors and political conspiracies committed by the higher echelons of society as well as common criminals.
Learn about Guy Fawkes and his 1605 Gunpowder Plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament an event marked by the British on Bonfire Night and hear about the Great Fire of London of 1666 when ferocious flames swept through the City of London. Stand by the Monument to the Great Fire of London (known simply to Londoners as the Monument) and ponder the theories that still surround the event today: was it started after a bakery accident or was it an act of arson as conspiracy theorists like to believe?
Look out for city sights and attractions linked to several of the stories as you walk, passing Blackfriars Bridge, associated with mafia assassinations, as well as the OXO Tower, London Bridge, Shakespeares Globe Theatre, Millennium Bridge, Southwark Cathedral and more.
Hear about Londons most notorious art thefts as you pass the prestigious Tate Modern museum, listen to anecdotes about the hit man that mistakenly shot a dog, and prepare to be amazed by some of the more outlandish tales on the London streets. Is Paul McCartney the Paul McCartney of The Beatles fame or an imposter? Is the British government helping or controlling the lives of Londoners by Big Brotherstyle monitoring?
Besides the mysteries and speculation surrounding Princess Dianas death in 1997, discover little-known facts behind some of London's well-documented bank raids, jewelry heists and more. Then, after 2.5 hours exploring the Southbank and surrounding area, make your way back to Monument Tube Station where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Crime And Mystery Walking Tour Of London's Southbank
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Crime And Mystery Walking Tour Of London's Southbank
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Airport Executive Private Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge from London
- London Airport to Airport Private Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury from London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- London to Stonehenge Independent Return Trip Including Entry
- Airport to Airport London Transfer
- Private Departure Transfer: Central London to Heathrow Airport