Cuenca City Tour
OverviewCome and experience Cuenca, the 'Athens of Ecuador' on this 4-hour city tour! See all the highlights of this city, including the Old and New Cathedrals, Calderon Park, and more. Learn about the culture, history and architecture of this UNESCO-World Heritage city from your knowledgeable guide as you travel around the city by coach.
Know More about this tourDiscover the beauty and history of Cuenca on a comprehensive guided city tour. After pickup from your hotel, your city tour begins with a visit to the Museum of Modern Art, located on the south side of Plaza de San Sebastin. The museum houses various works from Ecuadorian artists including paintings, sculptures, photography, engravings and more.
Walk by the historic downtown area to visit San Francisco market and Calderon Park, Cuenca's central park. Walk through the well-kept park with your guide while admiring the expansive area.
Next, stop at Cuenca's Old and New Cathedrals. The Old Cathedral was originally built in the mid 1500s and is now home to a museum showcasing the cathedral's gorgeous architecture. (note: you will not enter the Old Cathedral). Then, your guide will take you to the New Cathedral, which displays Neo-Gothic style architecture. Admire the famous gold leaf canopy inside the cathedral, which is one of Ecuador's largest.
Continue on to the Homero Ortega Panama Hat factory. Here, observe the complete manufacturing process of Ecuador's Panama hat. Later we will visit the barranco, where you can admire the colonial-style terraced houses located next to the Tomebamba River, also home to the famous 'broken bridge.' and finally visit the Turi, where you'll take in panoramic view of the whole city of Cuenca. After the tour, you'll be transported back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Cuenca City Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Cuenca City Tour
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Birdwatching Tour in Tinajillas Forest area from Cuenca
- Birdwatching Tour in Tamarindo Tropical Forest area from Cuenca
- Biking and Walking City Tour Cuenca
- Camping Tour Cajas National Park
- Cuenca - Cajas NP - Guayaquil or Guayaquil - Cajas NP - Cuenca
- Ingapirca Archeological Site and Cuenca City Tour
- Gualaceo, Chordeleg Villages and Cuenca City Tour
- Ingapirca Archaelogical Site Day Trip from Cuenca