Cueva Ventana Tour From San Juan
OverviewHuff your way up to the clifftop cave of Cueva Ventana, one of Puerto Ricos top attractions, located in the Arecibo region of karst limestone peaks. After a short rappel down, shine a flashlight on bats and spiders as you learn from a naturalist guide about the caves formation and the Tano petroglyphs carved inside. At one end of the cave, enjoy a window-like view of a lush valley and the Caribbean Sea.
Know More about this tourAfter a mid-morning hotel pickup you will take a short drive to your hiking adventure in Arecibo, Puerto Ricos northern region of karst limestone peaks. Pick up a flashlight and helmet during a safety briefing and then follow your naturalist guide on a 20-minute trek of moderate intensity up to Cueva Ventana, or Window Cave, situated on top of a cliff.
Gain insight into the native plants and wildlife you see during your hike and then when you reach the cave entrance, take a brief rappel down into the cave. Learn about limestone cave formation as your guide points out stalagmites and stalactites. Dont be surprised to see bats and large (but nonpoisonous) spiders typically found in caves like this one.
Gaze at petroglyphs on the walls and stone engravings created by the Tanos, who once inhabited these limestone shelters, and learn more about the indigenous culture.
Then follow your guides lead further into the cave, catching sight of smaller caves and tunnels along the way, until you get to the opening at the other end. Youre rewarded with a spectacular window view, or panoramas of the Ro Grande de Arecibo valley and the Caribbean.
Snap some memorable shots and then return to your transport (the hike lasts approx. 75 minutes in total). Your 5.5-hour tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Cueva Ventana Tour From San Juan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees and local taxes
Exclusions for Cueva Ventana Tour From San Juan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Pickup is not provided from the San Juan cruise port. The closest hotel is the Sheraton.
Hotel transport not available at St Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, Gran Melia Golf Resort or El Conquistador Resort
Not recommended for passengers with severe health problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket