Cultural Chennai Day Tour Including Traditional Breakfast And Visit To Kalakshetra Dance Academy
OverviewGet to the heart of Chennais local culture with a jam-packed morning of art, spirituality, and food! Visit the ancient Marundeeswarar Temple, join an early-morning Hindu ceremony, learn the traditional art and mudras at Kalakshetra Dance Academy, and enjoy a traditional south Indian breakfast - talk about the ultimate way to start your day!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet up at the West Gate of Marundeeswarar Temple at 7:00 am and start your visit of the Marundeeswarar Temple, a 1200-year-old temple dedicated to Lord Shiva with spectacular Dravidian-style architecture.
At the Marundeeswarar Temple, you can participate in the morning Pooja ceremony as locals gather to praise the temple deity. Marundeeswarar Lingam, which is believed to have formed naturally - not to have been sculpted by human hands. Learn the stories and legends behind this historic, spiritual place, which is said to hold magical healing powers, curing believers of illness and disease.
Post ceremony you will enjoy a traditional south Indian breakfast at a local restaurant. Devour the rich flavours of Chennai with a dosa, one of the locals' favorite dishes. After breakfast you will be taken through the ancient arts with a visit to the renowned Kalakshetra Dance Academy. This academy is a vital center for artists focused on the ancient dance form of Bharatanatyam, Carnatic vocals, and instrumental music. Learn more about the time-honored art and witness young dancers and musicians learning the techniques and mudras (movements). Explore an art gallery dedicated to regional art and aesthetics.
Finish up your cultural Chennai tour by boarding a tuk tuk and riding it through the streets back to the Marundeeswarar Temple, the departure point.
Inclusions for Cultural Chennai Day Tour Including Traditional Breakfast And Visit To Kalakshetra Dance Academy
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tuk tuk ride
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Cultural Chennai Day Tour Including Traditional Breakfast And Visit To Kalakshetra Dance Academy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 12 people per booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Dress code: Please dress conservatively because you will be visiting temples and a respected art academy
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Pondicherry Day Trip from Chennai
- Private Transfer: Chennai International Airport (MAA) to Chennai Hotels
- Private Departure Transfer: Chennai Hotels to Chennai Airport (MAA)
- Private Arrival Transfer: Chennai Airport (MAA) to Mahabalipuram Hotels
- Private Tour: Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram Caves and Temples Day Tour from Chennai
- Private Arrival Transfer: Chennai Airport (MAA) to Chennai Hotels