OverviewStep back in time and experience a part of Hawaiian history. Paddle a traditional Hawaiian outrigger canoe while learning about the local area and the Polynesian culture. Your tour departs from Wailea Beach as you paddle the south shores of Maui. On your journey you'll have the opportunity to view the abundant sea life that frequents the area.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourWe invite you to relive a part of Hawaiian History and walk in the footsteps of the Alii (Chief, Royalty) as you experience a traditional Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe Tour! Learn about the illegal occupation of Hawai'i and the overthrow of the Hawaiian Monarchy in 1893. Participate in traditional Hawaiian Chants (oli) as you paddle our canoe (hoe waa) along the south coast of Mauibreathtaking views of Haleakala, West Maui Moutains, Lanai, Kahoolawe/Kanaloa, and Molokini! Paddle our canoe to Turtletown off Wailea Point and see the honu and honuea (Hawaiian Green Sea & Hawksbill Turtles) that frequent this beautiful area! Swim with the turtles if youd like or watch as they swim alongside the canoe!
Learn about the Polynesian Voyagers as they sailed the Polynesian Triangle (New Zealand to Rapa Nui to Hawaii) using Celestial navigation/wayfinding.
In honoring the wisdom and knowledge passed on by generations from our ancestors, we are inspired to share the wisdom, values and traditions that sustained the Hawaiian culture in the pastand into the future!
Your journey departs beautiful Wailea Beach, in south Maui! Wailea in ancient Hawaii translated to Waters of Sacred Happiness; Come join us for an unforgettable experience for the whole family!
Inclusions for Cultural Outrigger Canoe And Turtle Tour
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Outrigger canoe excursion
- Canoeing equipment
Exclusions for Cultural Outrigger Canoe And Turtle Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Children 5 and younger are not recommended
You must be able to paddle a minimum of 1 mile (1.6 km).
Check-in is 20 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.