The Cotopaxi is a protected area in Ecuador situated in the Cotopaxi Province, Napo Province and Pichincha Province, at approximately 50 km south of Quito. Trek one of the highest active volcanoes in the world with 5897 m!
You will stop on the road for breakfast before visit of the Cotopaxi reserve, and trek to the refuge, 4864metres of altitude..
During the afternoon we will visit the Hacienda San Augustin del Callo and La Cienega.
Gourmet lunch at La Cienega.
Return to Quito in the late afternoon.
- 06:30 Pick-up at your hotel, Transfer to theCotopaxiNational Park
- 7:30 breakfast.
- 09:30 EnterCotopaxiNational Park
- 10:00 The guide will give explanation of the area, volcanoes, vegetation, animals etc.
- 10:30 Limpiopungo Lake.
- 11:00 Begin hike up car-park 4500 m.
- 12:30 Reach view point at 4.864 m. and return to parking lot.
- 13:00 Visit of San Augustin del Callo.
- 14:00 Visit of La Cienega andlunch at La Cienega, beautiful historic Hacienda.
- 15:30 Return to Quito
- Visit of Rose plantation in option (+ $ 15 per Person)