Cultural Township Guided Walking Tour From Cape TownWrite a Review
From USD 56.99
OverviewEnjoy a guided walk through Masiphumelele, the local informal settlement on the Cape Peninsula. The tour is focused on the spirit of community and includes a locally prepared lunch and other cultural interactions.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourEnjoy a guided tour of Mashipumelele, the local informal settlement on the Cape Peninsula. The name Masiphumelele is a Xhosa word and means âwe will succeedâ. The tour starts either at 10am or 1:30pm at Foodzone, a grocery store situated outside of Masiphumelele. The tour is approximately 3 hours long.
Nomtunzi, otherwise known as Charlotte, is local guide and will lead you through the streets of Masiphumelele. Nomtunizi is her Xhoza name and means the shade of the tree. This significance of this is that she provides shelter and protection to her family. The tour is focused on the spirit of community and will include the following:
A guided tour through the streets of Masiphumelele, interactions with local township entrepreneurs, Umqombothi Tasting (local beer), a visit to the library and NGOâs, a visit to the local crÃ¨che where the children will sing, Djembe Drumming and Nonnyâs House for a traditional lunch. There is also a Sunday Gospel tour, where you will also make a stop at a local church.
Inclusions for Cultural Township Guided Walking Tour From Cape Town
- All activities
- Local guide
Exclusions for Cultural Township Guided Walking Tour From Cape Town
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.