OverviewVisit the ancient capital of the Incan empire on this 4-hour afternoon tour. See and feel the magic of this city with a combination of the traditions and history of the Incas and the traditions and history of the Spanish. You will visit the archaeological park of Saqsayhuaman and the main religious sites in Cusco.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with a hotel pickup at approximately 1:00pm. Along with your guide, you will explore the city of Cusco and learn all about this magical city.
You will first head to the ancient "Koricancha" Temple and admire its exquisite architectural feats. Continue on to the Main Cathedral in which the first stone was placed to begin construction of it in 1560. Learn from your guide about this marvel of religious art, home to approximately 300 paintings from the Cusqueña School.
You will then go to the archaeological complex of Saqsayhuaman and tour this majestic place with impressive works in stone, some up to 120 tons. After 40 minutes here, you will continue to Q'enqo (Labyrinth) which was a religious center dedicated to the adoration of the Earth. You will spend 30-minutes here and then go to Puca Pucara, meaning reddish place. This site was used as a military control center. End your tour visiting Tambomachay (Temple of the Water) which was a center of adoration and worship of water.
Note: Entrance fees to monuments and temples are not included in the price.
Inclusions for Cusco Afternoon City Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Cusco Afternoon City Tour
- Entrance to Koricancha (15 soles per person or $5 USD)
- Entrance to the main cathedral (25 soles per person - $8 USD or included as part of the Cusco Tourist ticket)
- Entrance fees to four archaeological sites. For this you, will need to buy a Cusco Tourist Ticket. This costs 130 soles or $45 USD and a 50% discount is available for students with an ISIC card.
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Note: You can use the Cusco Tourist ticket for the Sacred Valley Tour. Alternatively, you can purchase a partial ticket that allows a one-day visit of just the four archeological sites in the city tour, if you are not planning to visit the Sacred Valley.
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.