This tour will take you out in the town of Cusco at night. We will meet up at your hotel and take you for a Pisco sour, the most typical cocktail of Peru and will teach you about how Pisco is made. Then we will be transported to the Cusco Planetarium, located 15 minutes above the city. Here we will hear about how the Incas viewed the constellations and then we will get to go outside to look through the telescopes and stargaze. After the planetarium, we will return to Cusco and go out to a restaurant frequented by locals for the most popular dish of Peru: Pollo a la brasa, or blackened rotisserie chicken,Â which is eaten with salad and french fries and will have the most typical drink of Peru, Inca kola. We will finish the tour by walking around the Plaza de Armas (the main square) which is lit up beautifully at night and look at the statue of the emperor Pachacutec and learn about the history of the Incas in Cusco.Â
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- See the sights illuminated at night
Know More about this tourWe will pick you up at your hotel at 3:30 and walk to the San Pedro market, a local non-touristic market. We will taste local fruits and veggies and see the CusqueÃ±an version of a supermarket where everything from medicinal herbs to meats and cheeses and fruits and veggies are sold. We will then walk to the main square and go to a local bar where we will have a Pisco sour. We will teach you about how Pisco is made and you can learn about this history of Pisco production in Peru.
We will then walk to a local plaza which will be bustling with locals and get picked up to beÂ taken to the Planetarium at 5:40pm. We will have a shared presentation from local astronomers and look at the night sky. We will learn about how the IncasÂ were very advanced in astronomy. They found the main constellations that we see today such as the Southern Cross, Orion's belt and the Scorpion but they also found their own constellations such as aÂ baby llama, a puma and a condor which are located in the Milky Way and will be pointed out to us through their powerful telescopes. Please note that this portion of the tour is shared, the rest is private.Â
At around 7:30pm, we will be brought back to the center of Cusco where we will go out to a local restaurant for the most traditional Peruvian dinner, Pollo a la brasa or roasted chicken. This is the most popular dinner for Peruvians to go out for as a family on the weekends.
Then we will walk to the Plaza de Armas where we will see the state of Pachacutec and the main Cathedral lit up and learn a bit about Inca history. We will accompany you back to your hotel around 9:30pm.
Inclusions for Cusco By Night Including Pisco Sour And The Planetarium
- Entrance fees
- One Pisco sour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cusco By Night Including Pisco Sour And The Planetarium
- Gratuities (optional)
- More than one alcoholic beverage
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.