Cycling Tour Of LjubljanaWrite a Review
Compared to other capitals, Ljubljana is very small, very green, and very cyclist-friendly, which makes it a great place to explore by bicycle. This cycling tour takes you to a large number of attractive spots located just outside the heart of the city centre, allowing you to explore them in a healthy and pleasurable way.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
The tour begins at the in a central meeting point where you will get a bicycle and a helmet. From there, your guide will lead you across Plečnik's Market and through Ljubljana Old Town, give you some brief information about all the city's major sights along the way, and then steer you to the pleasant green Ljubljanica embankments in the city's Prule area, a perfect place to take a break. Prule is the site of a revamped embankment known as Špica, whose name, translating as 'Pointed End', refers to its pointed shape. Špica was once used as the city beach, and its pleasant grassed and wooden surfaces still make it look like one today.
After a short rest, you will jump on your bicycle again and cross a bridge spanning the Gruber Channel to reach a green area including the Ljubljana Botanic Garden, one of Europe's oldest institutions of its kind and one of Ljubljana's most magnificent green gems. From there, you will pedal through the Krakovo area, a pearl in the crown of urban gardening in Ljubljana since the Middle Ages, and continue towards Tivoli Park. A ride along Plečnik's Promenade, which connects Tivoli Park to the city centre, will bring you to the central Slovenska cesta road, which has been closed to general traffic since 2015. You will pedal past the famous Nebotičnik building and continue towards one of Ljubljana's most unique attractions, the Metelkova mesto alternative culture centre. A ride along one of Ljubljana's oldest streets, the lovely little Trubarjeva ulica, which is full of food and drink outlets and tiny shops for alternative tastes, will bring you back to your starting point. During the tour, you will have time to enjoy a rest and a picnic snack.
Inclusions for Cycling Tour Of Ljubljana
- Bike tour
- Professional guide
- Bicycle and helmet hire
- A snack
Exclusions for Cycling Tour Of Ljubljana
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.