D-Day American Sector Half-Day Tour From Bayeux
OverviewOn 6 June 1944, Allied soldiers from the US, Canada and Great Britain launched Operation Overlord on the Normandy beaches to liberate France and defeat the Third Reich. Now a deeply significant historical site, the five D-Day Landing beaches were divided into different sectors allocated to the American and Anglo-Canadian forces. On this tour your guide will take you on a journey through history into the heart of these superb sea-sculpted landscapes. They offer a historic and moving visit to a Normandy marked by profound memories at these exceptional sites.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Discover the landing beaches of the American sector during this 5-hour excursion. You will visit major American D-Day sites from Bayeux. You will be picked up by your driver/guide in a comfortable 8-seater minibus. During the tour you will visit the following points of interest:
Pointe du Hoc known for the assault on June 6 and famous for its fortifications. Omaha Beach which is one of the five landing beaches and sadly famous for having been the bloodiest. American Cemetery where about 10,000 heroes are buried here over 70 hectares. Colleville-sur-Mer village where the American cemetery is and the famous Omaha Beach. Arromanches/Mulberry to visit the museum of the landing, paying tribute to all the events of June 6, 1944.
Inclusions for D-Day American Sector Half-Day Tour From Bayeux
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
Exclusions for D-Day American Sector Half-Day Tour From Bayeux
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.