Daily Life In Renaissance Venice
OverviewThe Renaissance period in Venice was a prosperous time for the denizens of this great wonderland of a city. This 3-hour tour gives you an insiders look at what life was like during this period. The guide, a scholar of the period, leads the group through the city, pointing out details that reveal what life was like more than 500 years ago, such as a symbol on a palace faade or above a doorway, or the name of a bridge. If time allows and the group desires, the tour concludes at Palazzo Mocenigo, which houses the Museum of Fabric and Costume History.
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourThe Renaissance, the period from roughly 1350 to 1550, was a prosperous time for Venice, as the Venetian empire greatly expanded its overseas trading routes even as it was feeling a threat from the encroaching Ottoman Turks.
Meet your guide, a scholar of the city and the time period, in central Venice and begin a stroll through the city and over some of its many bridges. The guide might point out a symbol over a doorway or note the name of a bridge and explain how this reveals a great deal about what life was like for merchants and traders, fishmongers and artists. Learn about the social and political functions of the citys squares and open spaces. And find out what some of the decorative motifs affixed to the faades of houses and palaces show about the politics and class issues of the time.
Visit the Ca dOro, a palace on the Grand Canal (entry fee not included in tour price), to learn about the layout and decoration of homes in Renaissance Venice. The tour also covers the clothing fashions, personal hygiene, etiquette, sex lives and leisure time of Venetians during the time period.
Depending on time and the groups inclination, the tour might conclude at the Museum of Fabric and Costume History inside the Palazzo Mocenigo (entry fee not included in tour price). Get an up close look at the clothing of the day as the guide explains in further detail the function of fashion during the Venetian Renaissance.
Inclusions for Daily Life In Renaissance Venice
- Professionally guided tour by a field specialist
Exclusions for Daily Life In Renaissance Venice
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (9.50 euros)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 13 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.