Dalí's World Wine And Cava Small Group Tour From Barcelona With Hotel Pick-Up
OverviewExplore the surreal Surrealist world of Dalí by visiting the Theater - Museum of Figueres and the Peralada Castle, the best place in Empordà to enjoy the wines of Catalonia. Did you know that this is where the favorite Cava of Salvador Dalí is produced? Our expert guide will pick you up at your accommodation and drive you in a private vehicle. Discover the life of one of the most representative Catalan artists by following in his footsteps, in the company of a knowledgeable local guide.
Know More about this tourThis wonderful guided tour will allow you to discover the Surrealist life of Salvador Dalí, by exploring his place of birth, learning about his early inspirations, and viewing some of his most famous works, displayed at the Dali Theater - Museum of Figueres.
Our expert guide will pick you up at your accommodation and transport you in a private vehicle to the native city of the famous Catalan artist: Figueres. Explore the streets and corners that most significantly shaped his childhood, and learn about some of the places he frequented as an adult.
Once you have arrived, our guide will explain the artistic development of this most extravagant painter, and you will visit together the famous Theater - Museum, also known as the largest Surrealist work of art in the world. The building itself was designed by Dali upon the ruins of an old municipal theater. You will dive deep into the mind of the painter through the most complete collection of his works and learn about the different stages of Dalis career, from his very first experiences to his final works. The museum tour will highlight the various styles in which Dali worked, including surrealism and nuclear mystic, influenced by his passion for both science and religion.
After really getting to know the inner workings of this great artist, you will continue the tour with a visit to a local wine cellar and its vineyards, before tasting 4 local wines.
Your wine visit will take place at the Castle of Perelada, just a few kilometers from Figueres. Here you will have the chance to walk through the vineyards and learn from the producer about the winemaking process. You will also learn about the production of Cava, a delicious sparkling wine typical from Catalonia. During your visit you will also taste one of Dalís favorite Cavas, as well as three delicious wines, all products of the Perelada vineyards.
After tasting the wine, you will walk through the different rooms of the Castle, mysterious spaces full of artistic treasures, including a beautiful glass collection and one of the most important libraries in Europe, housing over 100,000 volumes. Out of these, the library boasts a vast collection of more than 1,000 different editions of Don Quixote.
The 14th century Perelada Castle is truly a symbol of Empordà, a gorgeous place known among Catalans and residents of this area. The Castle has been reconstructed and extended several times and now includes several Renaissance features: a western-style façade dating from the 16th century, and the beautiful gardens of the 19th century. Get lost in the many corners of this remarkable palace, which encapsulates the essence of this lovely Catalan region.
Inclusions for Dalí's World Wine And Cava Small Group Tour From Barcelona With Hotel Pick-Up
- Professional guide
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Small-group (maximum 8 people)
Exclusions for Dalí's World Wine And Cava Small Group Tour From Barcelona With Hotel Pick-Up
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to the Dalí Museum (approx. 14) and Perelada Castle and winery with tasting (approx. 13)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Small group tour of 8 people or fewer
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe