Departure from Dubrovnik is at 09:00. The village of Smokovljani is located about 50 km far west of Dubrovnik. We will drive along the Adriatic road to Trsteno, and then to the village of Zavala on a Napoleon road. Two kilometers before Majkovi we will stop and enjoy the view of the most beautiful viewpoint of the Dubrovnik area where the Elaphite Islands can be seen. This is an ideal place for the best photos that will remind you of your vacation in Dubrovnik forever. After a short time we arrive to Zavala in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a village known for its Vjetrenica cave, the natural phenomena of the Herzegovinian karst. Vjetrenica (which means "wind cave" ) is the largest and most important cave in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and one of the most important caves in the Dinaric Alps mountain range, which is famous worldwide for its karstic and speleological riches. The cave has been explored and described to a total of 7000 m in length, of this the main channel is about 2.47 km long. After visiting the Vjetrenica cave we drive you to Smokovljani where you will enjoy home-made Dalmatian food and excellent wine. A small and cozy restaurant is located in the old typical Dalmatian house, on a family farm where organic fruit and vegetables are grown, and goats, cows, turkeys, chickens and other animals like donkeys and horses are fed in a completely natural way. Your host will welcome you with a welcome drink, and you will have the opportunity to see and to learn the traditional Dalmatian way of preparing food. The appetizer plate consists prosciutto, smoked sausages, and very tasty and soft homemade cheese. For the main course you have veal or chicken prepared under the bell (Dalmatian Peka), which is very juicy and tasty meal because it is simultaneously baked and cooked in its own juices, slightly salty and so soft that it melts in your mouth. And in a pot, around meat, you will find potatoes, which is a delicacy itself. At the end of this delicious dinner you will be served by a homemade dessert that melts in your mouth. All of above will be served with top quality wine and juices for the kids. We can promise that you'll enjoy these specialties on a small and very cozy family farm, where your kids will play with animals on the healthy air of the Dalmatian hinterland. After lunch we will take you to Ston to enjoy the beauties of this old town surrounded by the second longest walls in the world. So what are you waiting for? Book and enjoy.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 9 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Your hotel or apartment
OverviewWhile in Dubrovnik why not to taste the real homemade food prepared in the old traditional way? We offer you a possibility to go to the village Smokovljani near Dubrovnik, in the Dubrovnik hinterland, where you will enjoy delicious food, homemade cakes, bread under the bell, pastries of this region, brandy and excellent wine. During this very interesting tour you will also be able to visit the cave of Vjetrenica and the old town of Ston surrounded by the second longest walls in the world. Our vehicles are equipped with wi-fi, air conditioning, and refrigerator, and our drivers speak fluent English. All you have to do is to book this unforgettable caving and dinner tour.
- Entrance fees to Vjetrenica cave
- 3-course lunch (appetizer, main course, desert)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned van
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Free of charge for two children up to 5 years of age
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Driving Tour
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Walking Tour
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Complete Tour
- Game of Thrones Kings Landing filming locations with Lokrum Island visit
- Game of Thrones filming locations tour in Dubrovnik
- Game of Thrones Old Town Dubrovnik Walking Tour with Costumed Guide
- From Dubrovnik: All-Day Private Boat Tour
- From Dubrovnik: SUNSET Private Boat Tour