Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour Of Florence
OverviewFollow the trail of Dan Brown’s 2013 ‘Inferno’ novel on a half-day walking tour, led by an expert local guide! The international bestseller, based on Dante Alighieri’s ‘Divine Comedy,’ is set in Florence and several city attractions feature in the book’s mysterious plot. Hear stories of the main character, code-cracking Harvard professor Robert Langdon, and visit key sites like Palazzo Vecchio’s secret passageways and the Baptistry of Florence. If you are eager to see more, upgrade to a full-day tour and enjoy a skip-the-line tour of the Uffizi Gallery and Vasari Corridor, too.Bonus ticket! Both tours also include a combination entrance ticket for independent access to several top Florence attractions after the tour: Opera del Duomo Museum, Crypt of Santa Reparata, Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Florence, and then set off on your Inferno tour of the city. In tune with the order of the book, start with a stroll through Piazza della Signoria to visit Palazzo Vecchio Florences impressive 14th-century city hall and head inside to explorethe museum and the chambers that linked the building to the Vasari Corridor.
During the Renaissance days of the ruling Medici family, the passageways of Palazzo Vecchio and Vasari Corridor were used by the Grand Duke Cosimo I to avoid his Florentine foes; in Inferno, Robert Langdon and his helper, Sienna Brookes, used them to flee from chasing soldiers. Other highlights of the site include the Hall of Geographical Maps and Dantes Death Mask, a plaster cast mask of the author's face following his death.
Leave Palazzo Vecchio and stroll through town to Florence Duomo, one of the citys most iconic sites. In front of its main door is the Baptistery of Florence (Battistero di San Giovanni), where Dante is said to have been baptized. Step inside to see the ornate bronze Gate of Paradise that helped Langton solve a few of his mysteries.
Before leaving, your guide will give you an entrance ticket to Opera del Duomo Museum, Crypt of Santa Reparata, Brunelleschis Dome (the top of Florence Duomo) and Giottos Bell Tower. Just use your ticket on the same day as your Inferno tour and explore the attractions at your own pace.
Youwill also receive an interesting Florence City GuideBook to give you fresh suggestions and make your stay in Florence and Tuscany even more memorable.
Inclusions for Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour Of Florence
- Local guide
- Entrance fee to Florence Baptistery, Duomo,Palazzo Vecchio
- The opportunity to visit other locations of the Great Museum of Duomo Opera in the next 48 hours
- Entrance ticket: Opera del Duomo Museum, Crypt of Santa Reparata, Brunelleschis Dome and Giottos Bell Tower
- Visit the locations of Dan Brown's novel and Tom Hanks' movie
- Espresso coffee or gelato tasting
- Florence City GuideBook
Exclusions for Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour Of Florence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility
Large bags and liquids are not allowed inside the museums
Appropriate clothing is required
Please note that due to the possibility of some of the halls of Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo or Baptistry being closed for institutional events, the itinerary of the tour may sometimes undergo some minor changes, but the quality will always be preserved
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
The tour runs rain or shine
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Florence Walking Tour
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence