From USD 112.07
OverviewGet out of the city and spend a relaxing and peaceful day out in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges which is less than an hour from Melbourne by road. In the serenity of the forest, discover unique sculptures of Aboriginal people, and learn about their culture and spirituality, at the wonderous William Ricketts Sanctuary. Enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch at an award winning local restaurant. Explore the majestic forest on a leisurely, short walk,and spot the wildlife. Intimate groups of maximum 3 people, so it's a more personal experience. Tour starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4pm which means you don't have to get up early, and still have plently of time in the evenings to do other things.
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourPick up is at a relaxing time of 10.30am, at a very central location in the city, which is St Pauls Cathedral.This gives you time to do other things in the morning including breakfast and coffee.
You will be travelling in a comfortable, air conditioned vehicle, with your tour guide who is knowledgable about the city, the forest and Aboriginal culture. Intimate groups of maximum 3 people, so it's a more personal experience.
Less than an hour from Melbourne city, the Dandenong ranges are a low mountainous region with deep valleys and dense forest. Your first stop will be the wonderous William Ricketts Sanctuary, where you will discover the unique sculptures of Aboriginal people, set in the tranquility of the forest. Your guide will lead you through the sanctuary and give you a background and history of the place, and the inspiration behind it.
After this, you'll make your way to a local award winning restaurant, where you will be presented with a gourmet lunch, that should impress.
You will then meandour through the mountains and make your way to the forest for a short, leisurely walk, where we can experience the beauty and serenity of the forest, and if you're lucky, spot the elusive and elegant Lyrebird.
Finally, head back to the city to be back by around 4pm. This way you'll beat the morning and late afternoon traffic, and you will have plenty of time to rest and do other things in the evening in Melbourne.
Inclusions for Dandenong Ranges Nature Day Trip From Melbourne Including William Ricketts Sanctuary
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Dandenong Ranges Nature Day Trip From Melbourne Including William Ricketts Sanctuary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.