OverviewDiscover the Danish concept of hygge and happiness on a 3-hour cultural walking tour of Copenhagen. On the guided walk, learn all about the nations easy-going way of life and the hygge vibe, and see a side of the city that many visitors miss. Attractions such as the 17th-century public housing project of Nyboder, the historical site of Kongens Have and the shopping street of Strget are taken in on the tour. Coffee and a beer are also included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your Copenhagen tour near the characteristic yellow houses of Nyboder, a famed district that was built by King Christian IV in the 17th century to house the growing Royal Danish Navy. Follow your guide down the small streets of Nyboder, stopping for a cup of coffee and a Danish breakfast pastry. As you reach Kongens Have (The King’s Garden), you will hear the dramatic story of how the once-royal park came to be one of the first public parks in the world.
As you search for more hygge with your guide, continue to wander some of Copenhagen’s oldest streets, where you'll enter one of the few Danish organic chocolate stores that actually make their sweets in-house. Moving on, cross Strøget, one of the longest pedestrian streets in the world, where your guide will discuss Danish design and its significant role in Danish homes and hearts.
From there, pass by the castles that house government offices and parliament and learn about both the formal and informal ways that Denmark is governed — and how the country has succeed in creating a system with a very high degree of trust and confidence. You will get to see the lovely and hidden library garden, where locals visit when they need a quiet moment in the middle of the city.
Finish your tour in a street café on a quiet street located in the city center, where you will experience hygge in its purest form.
Inclusions for Danish Hygge Culture And Historical Copenhagen Walking Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- One-on-one recommendations for further exploring the city
Exclusions for Danish Hygge Culture And Historical Copenhagen Walking Tour
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Items of personal nature
- Rain jacket and umbrella
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Please wear suitable footwear for walking, and bring an umbrella or rain jacket in case of rain.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.