Danube Symphony Orchestra Cimbalom Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise - Budapest
OverviewEnjoy a Budapest Gala Concert at Pesti VigadÃ³ or Danube Palace, choosing seats in the front or middle rows. Music from the Danube Symphony Orchestra is enhanced by a typical Hungarian folk instrument, the cimbalom, and the concert gives you the unique opportunity to enjoy some of history's most famous classical melodies in Hungarian style. Watch other performances including ballet dancers and soloists from the Budapest Operetta Theatre, and upgrade, if you wish, to include a late-night dinner cruise on the Danube River, the perfect way to end your night. Champagne, wine and a buffet dinner are included.
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Choice of seating available
Know More about this tour
Your evening concert takes place at Pesti Vigad or Danube Palace, a splendid neo-baroque-style concert hall in Budapest. A host will direct you to your seat in the front or middle rows of the intimate theater for the start of the Danube Symphony Orchestra concert.
Formed in 1961, the Danube Symphony Orchestra has become a sensation throughout Europe, with a repertoire that covers almost every musical style, from baroque music to modern music of the 20th century. What's unique about this orchestra is that they perform famous classical melodies accompanied by the cimbalom, a typical Hungarian instrument played by striking two beaters against a range of strings. You can only enjoy this type of sound in Hungary!
Along with music from the Danube Symphony Orchestra, the Budapest Gala Concert includes performances by ballet dancers, Budapest Operetta Theatre and a Hungarian folk band. A solo performance by a singer from Hungary's Virtuosos Talent Show also takes place.
Every concert consists of two parts, between 40 and 45 minutes each (see sample program below). During the intermission, you can have a drink at the bar, purchase DVDs of the Danube Symphony Orchestra or browse Hungarian souvenirs.
Concert plus Dinner
A Danube River cruise is a great ending to your night in Budapest, whether you fancy a late dinner or a scenic setting for after-dinner drinks. When the concert concludes, a guide will lead you to the pier so you can step aboard your 90-minute cruise.. Sip Sparkling wine and wine or beer amid the candlelit atmosphere, and then enjoy a buffet dinner presented with a creative touch by an award-winning food sculptor (see sample menu below).
After dinner, make your way to the open upper deck for stunning views of Budapest's UNESCO World Heritage-listed urban panorama, a series of landmarks and monuments that illustrate the citys history. You'll see the Buda Castle Quarter, the Chain Bridge (Clark dm Square), the Gellrt Baths and Mt Gellrt with its Freedom Monument before finishing back at Danube Palace. When you arrive at the dock, your host will be happy to call a taxi for you upon request.
Inclusions for Danube Symphony Orchestra Cimbalom Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Symphony concert ticket
- if plus DRINK cruise selected:1 glass of Sparkling wine, 1 glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- if plus DINNERcruise selected: 3-course buffet dinner, 1 glass of Sparkling wine, 1/4 liter mineral water, 1 glass of wine, beer or soft drink,
Exclusions for Danube Symphony Orchestra Cimbalom Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Berlioz: Rákóczi March
- Erkel: Palotás from the opera László Hunyadi
- Delibes: Coppelia – Tschardas
- Bartók: Romanian folk dances
- Haydn: Farewell Symphony IV Movement
- Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Kálmán: Devil-Rider – Palotás
- Lehár: Gold and Silver Waltz
- Liszt: Love Dreams
- Folk-song adaptation: Under the Mountains of Csitár
- Kodály: Intermezzo
- Monti: Csárdás
- Strauss: Long Live the Hungarians!
- Strauss: Radetzky March
- Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves (traditional creamy bacon sauce)
- Alföld-style goulash with noodles (slow-boiled beef and vegetable soup)
- Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
- Mini stuffed cabbage
- Roasted chicken breast with basil and cheese sauce
- Spicy pork slices rib with thyme and mustard sauce
- Traditional Chicken with paprika
- Roasted sea fish served with Chardonnay sauce
- Grilled polenta with feta cheese
- Homemade spinach dumplings served with mustard and mushroom sauce
- Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
- Italian pasta salad
- Caesar’s salad
- Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Hash-brown or roasted potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Steamed Jasmin rice with corn
- Home-made strudel
- Somló sponge cake (layers of sponge and cream)
- Mini tarts
- Dessert variations Európa style
- Season fruit basket
- 1 glass of Sparkling wine
- 1 glass of wine, beer, juice or soft drink
- Mineral water
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible. Please advise at time of booking if you require wheelchair assistance
After the concert, a host/hostess will escort you to the pier (if dinner option selected). It is a 5-minute walk from Danube Palace/Pesti Vigado
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Villny Wine Country Day Trip from Budapest Including Lunch
- Budapest Tour with Optional Danube River Cruise
- Lake Balaton Helicopter Flight from Budapest
- Private Tour: Eger Wine Country Day Trip from Budapest
- Budapest Super Saver: Private Entrance to Szchenyi Spa with Optional Massage plus Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Budapest Private Plane to Lake Hvz