Dark Side Of Seoul Evening Ghost Tour
OverviewKorea's only ghost tour! This is the side of Seoul that you won’t find in the tourism brochures. Take a tour down the dark alleys of Seoul's forgotten 600-year history of bloody massacres, seedy hideaways and mourning ghosts. Self-proclaimed clairvoyants on the tour have reported a few sightings, including a little girl who has been seen following the group around. This is not only a ghost tour, but a walk unearthing Seoul's murky and violent past, making the city much more interesting and intimate. Guests also receive an online map of all the haunts, murder sites, and torture chambers mentioned on the tour.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter meeting at Anguk subway Station, your group is led by a historian on a meandering walking tour that winds through alleyways and places the tourism organization would rather you not see. Tales are told throughout the tour by the historian, and traditional tokens of protection will be given to ladies to protect them from Japanese ghosts.
After meeting, the tour heads straight to the site where Prince Suyang slaughtered so many of his king nephew's men that they had to burn area down to get rid of the stench. Then it's off to the grounds of Korea's first western hospital that had to be scrubbed down before use because the former occupants all got slaughtered inside.
After that, cross the street built by the Japanese colonials, that doubled as a means of psychological warfare, before going to Unhyeongung, a minor palace that was last occupied by one of the most vile powerful men in the late Chosun dynaysty.
You next enter the Nagwon-dong neighborhood, where a restaurant was documented as being haunted by the police in the 1920s, followed by the Nagwon Arcade, which has an odd history from its inception. You will then fork off to Jongno 3-ga, the location of Seoul's most popular red light district in the 1960s, and meander to Tapgol Park, which was a popular place for suicides.
After a break for some snacks, street beers and street cocktails (not included), you take a sidestep into Pimatgol, a hidden alley with hidden secrets. Finally it's the Cheonggyecheon Stream, a modern tourist attraction which just a hundred years ago had many corpses floating down its waterways.
Inclusions for Dark Side Of Seoul Evening Ghost Tour
- Professional guide
- Link to a map of everything discussed on the tour, including secret torture chambers
Exclusions for Dark Side Of Seoul Evening Ghost Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved, it is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Boseong Green Tea Festival from Seoul
- Night Food Tour in Seoul with Traditional and Modern Cuisine
- Group Seochon Korean BBQ Walking Tour
- 4 in 1 Tour Strawberry Picking and Nami Island with The Garden of Morning Calm
- Seoul Highlights Small-Group Tour with Lunch and Nanta Show
- Seoul Private Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Tour
- Korean Culture Walking Tour with Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Seoul-Gyeonggi Small Group Customizable Full-Day Private Tour