Darwin's Route: Traversing The Chilean Palm Forest - Santiago
OverviewLets cross La Campana National Park hiking through the Chilean Palm Forest, andexplore this lands ofgreat biodiversity,likeCharles Darwin didin 1834.This activity offers the chance to contemplate and be enchanted by a rich flora proper to the Chilean mediterranean climate, set in the Coastal Mountain Range.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Vegetarian meal option available
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
The driver and the guide will pick you up at your hotel. It will take an hour and a half to reach the entrance of the park from where the hike begins. The hike will take you across the entire park from north to south on a trail of 8.7 miles (14km). You'll cross a hill path of 3,697 feet in altitude - with an elevation gain of 2,360ft-, and descend to Olmu sector. This is where the driver will be waiting to return back to the Chilean capital.
The excursion begins at the northernsector of La Campana National Park, which was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1985. From there headsouthtowards Olmu.The first step of the routeconsists of threehours hiking up hill through a beautiful trail surrounded by perennial forests andChilean palms, with gorgeous viewsof La Campana Mountain on the right.
Following the trail reach the Ocoa Hillpass, an excellent spot for lunch and rest while enjoying the beautiful views. Afterwards begin the descent towards the traditional town of Olmu,passing through a forest of Santiago Oak (Nothofagus obligua var. macrocarpa) which is one of the northernmost relic trees.
Join this excursion of excellence and have anexciting and unique encounter with nature which will become a wonderful lifelong memory.
Activity highlights include:
- Full day tour
- Medium difficulty hike
- Total distance is approximately 14km (8.7mi)
- Elevation gain is 720m (2,360ft)
- Max elevation is 1,127m (3,697ft)
Inclusions for Darwin's Route: Traversing The Chilean Palm Forest
- Professional guide
- Confortable transport
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Trekking poles
- First aid kit
- Box lunch per person:
- Cesar salad or similar
- Cereal bar
- Chocolate or cookies
- Tea and coffee
- Two fruits
Exclusions for Darwin's Route: Traversing The Chilean Palm Forest
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Minimum age is 13 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Santiago Hotel or Airport Arrival Transfer to Via del Mar or Valparaiso
- Maipo Valley For Wine Lovers
- Aquitania and Cousino Macul Vineyards From Santiago
- Santiago City Tour and Concha y Toro Winery
- Valparaiso and Emiliana Vineyard Tour from Santiago
- Small-Group Maipo Vineyards Full-Day Experience with Optional Lunch