Day Excursion Tibet Samye Monastery Tour - Lhasa
OverviewSamye Monasterywas thefirst Buddhist monasteryto be built in Tibet. It is a must-see attraction in Shannan region south of Lhasa. Sitting only 150 km outside Lhasa, Samye Monastery is famous for its beautiful architecture. Samye Monastery day touris an excellent trip for travelers who want to venture outside Lhasa. You will delve deeper into the religious history of Tibetan Buddhism and especially marvel at the architectural greatness that Tibetans have achieved. This trip is provided by Lhasa local supplier Tibet Ctrip Travel Service TCTS (www.tibetctrip.com).
Know More about this tour
- LocalTibetantour guide and driver will pick you up from Lhasa Ganggyan Hotel parking lot on Beijing East Road in the historic center at9:00 am. Travelers who stay inLhasa downtown hotelssuch as House of Shambhala, Shambhala Palace, Heritage Hotel, Tashi Takgye Hotel, Kyichu Hotel or Yak Hotel, etc can easily walk to Lhasa Ganggyan Hotel car parking. While if you have a special request for meetup location we can happily accommodate that as well. Please inform us in advance. The 2 hours and 150 km safe drive will take us to Samye Monastery. On our way, we will travel past the stunning Yarlung Tsangpo River and Sand Mountain.
- Relax as you travel along the bank Brahmaputra River-the mother river of Tibet, and see the famous Sand Mountain.
- Samye Monastery, Tibetans first monastery and first college, locates in Shannan Region. It was constructed by the King Trisong Detsen of the Tubo Kingdom, and the monastery was also presided over by the Buddhist master Padmasambhava or Gulug Rinpoche. The design of Samye Monastery based on the principles of geomancy, a concept derived from India. There lies a mythical palace on the top of Mt. Meru at the center of the Tibetan Buddhist universe, at Samye, it is symbolized by the main temple, Wuzi Hall. The Moon and Sun chapels stand in the south and north respectively as the moon and sun in the universe. Surrounding the main temple is a great ocean and four great islands and eight subcontinents.
- The Wuzi Hallis the highlight of Samye Monastery. The building is combined different styles as the first floor was built by local Tibetan style, the middle floor was designed with Chinese architecture style and the top floor was under the influence of Indian style. And there were four more walls representing oceans around the Wuzi Hall. Also, there are two halls represent sun and moon in the monastery. Four special pagodas with four different colors (green, red, black and white) were been put in the monastery to suppress devils. The murals in Samye Monastery was also a highlight attraction. From the precious murals, travelers can learn the Tibetan Buddhism story and historical events of monasteries.
- So today you will learn about the monasterys unique architecture which encompasses Indian, Tibetan, and Chinese styles, and hear how it was the first temple in the country to be built at the request of King Trisong Detsen. The layout of the sacred site was created according to the ideal universe detailed in Buddhist scriptures. After this highlight Buddhism tour, you may have about 1-2 hours to enjoy the hiking on the nearby Mt. Hepo Ri (Heburi). It is a great way to enjoy wonderful views of Shannan region and be close to nature. For reference, please contact local Tibet travel agencyTibet Ctrip Travel Service TCTS (www.tibetctrip.com).
Inclusions for Day Excursion Tibet Samye Monastery Tour
- Samye Monastery entrance ticket
- Small-group (maximum of 12) Ganggyan Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking and localTibetanguide
- Transport vehicle to and from Samye monastery (if there is only 1- to 2 pax in final group, the guide would be the driver)
- Liability travel insurance
- Drinking waterprovided during the trip
Exclusions for Day Excursion Tibet Samye Monastery Tour
- Tibet travel permits (please apply with us at least 15 working days before arrival in Lhasa)
- Tipping to Tibetan service staff
- Tibet Ctrip Travel Service can applies all necessary Tibet travel permits for foreign travelers in advance (upon requests)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tibet Ctrip Travel Service TCTS ( www.tibetctrip.com) will provide you the booking voucher once tour booked.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Drepung & Sera Monastery on Budget-Lhasa Day Tour
- 16 Days Kailash Everest Group Tour by Tibet Local Operator
- 8-Day Best Everest Group Tour with Flexible Lhasa Tour Booking after Arrival
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
- 3-Night Lhasa Sightseeing Group Tour Including Welcome Meal
- Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour
- Private Tibet Tour Car Rental
- 10-12 Days Tibet Travel Permits Pass for Flexible Tours