Day Hiking To Nagarjun Hill From Kathmandu
OverviewNagarjuna Hill, also described in literature as Vindya Mountain, is the most popular pilgrimage site for Hindus as well as Buddhists. Explore a beautiful Jamacho Monastery where you can find the small statue of Nagarjuna Buddha. Relax in a truly scenic and tranquil location and take in the spectacular Himalayan scenery.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThis short hike starts from the gate of Nagarjun after a 20-minute drive from Thamel. Nagarjun is nearest hill site of Kathmandu Valley covered by thick forest with a natural and historical setting. Enjoy the amazement of this part of Shivapuri National Park, just northwest of Kathmandu.
Hike two hours up hill to the Nagarjun gate where Acharya Nagarjun has meditated. Nagarjun also described as Vindya Mountain. Feel a peaceful state of mind within a natural setting. Buddha stupas, ancient caves, and Jamacho view point from 6981 feet (2128 meters) are the main points of attraction. Take in the spectacular Himalayan scenery captured in your mind as well as your camera. Incredible Himalayan scenes of Jugal, Ganesh Himal within the Langtang region can be viewed from here.
From the zenith of the Nagarjuna Hill, observe Kathmandu Valley, shrines and monasteries of Nuwakot, and Swyambhunath with the famous two eyes of Buddha. Nagarjun with its natural setting hosts Nagarjun Palace, another historical summer space of the former Nepalese Royals.
Enjoy your packed lunch (included) and relax for a while, stroll around for a short time, and take a shortcut downhill before returning to Kathmandu.
Inclusions for Day Hiking To Nagarjun Hill From Kathmandu
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- National Park fees
- Lunch (packed lunch)
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Day Hiking To Nagarjun Hill From Kathmandu
- Food and drinks other than your packed lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not wheelchair accessible
Wear comfortable shoes for walking and hiking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.