Day Tour Of Tay Ninh And Cu Chi Tunnels From Ho Chi Minh CityWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy this day tour and be introduced to one of the most remarkable religions of Southeast Asia - the Caodaism (Cao Dai), combining Buddhism, Christianity, Taoism and Confucianism. Also visit Cu Chi Tunnels and learn about their remarkable history.
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourOnce you are picked up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, you will set off for a 70-kilometre drive to Tay Ninh.
Once there, you will explore the Cao Dai religion, by visiting fairy-tale like Great Temple. Here followers of this eclectic religion worship saints such as Victor Hugo, Joan of Arc and even Shakespeare. A highlight of this tour is the very colourful yet formal service held at midday, which you are welcome to observe.
After lunch at a local restaurant, you will head out towards the Cu Chi Tunnels. This vast underground complex of tunnels built first as a defence against the French, were later expanded during the American war. It was from here that the North Vietnamese waged their guerilla warfare, while demonstrating their resilience. See secret trapdoors, underground kitchens, living areas and meeting rooms. The more adventurous of you may explore the deeper second, or even third-level tunnels.
For those preferring to remain above ground, there is plenty of opportunity to view excavated areas from above.
After this encounter with religion and history, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, where you will arrive late in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Day Tour Of Tay Ninh And Cu Chi Tunnels From Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Ho Hi Minh City
- Bottled water
- Lunch (set menu)
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Day Tour Of Tay Ninh And Cu Chi Tunnels From Ho Chi Minh City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Surcharge for guide during TET/Vietnamese New Year
- Optional activities
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will be applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will be applied.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child´s rate can be applied only once per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Good walking shoes and sun-protection are recommended