Day Tour Of The Uros Floating Islands And Taquile Island - Puno
OverviewThis small-group day tour to Lake Titicaca will take you on a visit to the Uros Floating Islands and Taquile Island. Visit the highest navigable lake in the world and enjoy the stunning scenery. Explore and learn about the islands built only of tortora reeds. Take a ride on a totora reed canoe and visit Taquile Island where you will enjoy a delicious fresh trout from the lake.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourBegin this daylong tour at 7am when your English-speaking guide meets you at your centrally located Puno hotel. Drive to the launch point at Lake Titicaca, and embark on an aquatic adventure in the highest navigable lake in the world. First, visit the Uros Floating Islands, a unique set of inhabited islands built from nativetotora reeds. Learn how the locals use the totora reeds to craftobjects essential totheir daily lives: thatched houses, canoes, and more have all been hand-built usingthis giant bulrush sedge. Explore the lake in atotora reed canoe beforecontinuing to Taquile Island bymotorboat.
Relax and enjoy the stunning scenery as you explore Taquile Island onfoot for an hour, then sit down and tuck into a traditional lunch of fresh lake trout at a local restaurant. A vegetarian option is also available. After lunch, travel back across the lake by motorboat and be delivered back to your Puno hotel at the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Day Tour Of The Uros Floating Islands And Taquile Island
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Site and attraction entrance tickets
- Professional driver
- Local taxes
- All excursions and tours
- Transfers and transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Tour Of The Uros Floating Islands And Taquile Island
- Gratuities (optional)
- There is a small additional feefor transfers to/from Libertador, Posada del Inca, Eco Inn and Taypikala hotels. Please inquire
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kayak from Puno to Uros island and fast boat to Taquile
- Half-Day Chucuito Tour from Puno
- Kayak to Uros and continue by boat to Amantani and Taquile 2d1n
- Kayaking to Uros floating islands Lake Titicaca
- Private tour to Uros and Llachon 1d
- Group Tour with FAST BOAT: Full-Day Titicaca Lake tour: Uros and Taquile
- Private Transportation from Airport to Puno (Van up to 5 people)
- Sillustani Pre-Incan Burial Grounds Half-Day Tour