Day Tour To Pichavaram Mangrove Forest And Thillai Nataraja Temple In Chidambaram From Pondicherry - Puducherry
OverviewPichavaram the second largest Mangrove forest in the world, is one of the unique Eco-tourism spots in South India. It consists of a number of islands interspersing a vast expanse of water covered with green trees. The area is about 2800 acres and is separated from the sea by a sand bar which is a patch of extraordinary loveliness. Chidambaram is a marvellous cultural, traditional & pilgrimage centre that greets one with its beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Nataraja. It is one of the renowned Pancha Bootham stalas for Lord Shiva where he is represented as each of the five elements. In Chidambaram, he is represented as space.
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up in your hotel at Pondicherry, then start drive to Pichavaram, at the mangroves, if you wish you can take boat ride for an hour oprated by TTDC to explore the mangrove water ways and watch over 177 species of birds and different habitat types such as channels, creeks, gullies, mud flats and sand flats and adjacent sea shore offers ideal habitat for difference species of birds. Then drive to Chidambaram after the lunch visit to the world famous Nataraja Temple this great temple complex (covering an area of 40 acres) is one of Tamil Nadu's Dravidian architectural highlights visit 4 gopurams, the north and the south ones towering 49 metres high. Two of the gopurams are covered with the 108 classical postures of Nataraja - Shiva in his role as the cosmic dancer. Other notable features of the temple are the 1000 pillar hall, the Nritta Sabha court looks like a gigantic chariot. After the visit start return drive to your hotel in Pondicherry
Inclusions for Day Tour To Pichavaram Mangrove Forest And Thillai Nataraja Temple In Chidambaram From Pondicherry
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Day Tour To Pichavaram Mangrove Forest And Thillai Nataraja Temple In Chidambaram From Pondicherry
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A small amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
A maximum of 4 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.