Day Tour To The Nubia Museum From Aswan
OverviewThe Nubia Museum is considered to be one of the most important Egyptian existing museums in Egypt. Featuring exhibits and artifacts from the surrounding sites such as the High ...
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tourYouregypttours.com will take you to The Nubia Museum is considered to be one of the most important Egyptian museums. Featuring exhibits and artifacts from the surrounding sites such as the High Dam, the museum is a "must-do" for any visitor to Aswan. In the early 1960's, when Egypt built the High Dam at Aswan, Egyptologists and archaeologists the world over heeded UNESCO's appeal to salvage the monuments of Egyptian Nubia before the rising waters of Lake Nasser submerged them forever. More than sixty expeditions ultimately joined the "Nubian Rescue Campaign", which resulted in the excavation and recording of hundreds of sites, the recovery of thousands of objects, and the salvage and relocation of a number of important temples to higher ground. Due to the quantities of material recovered from tombs, temples and settlements, UNESCO was encouraged in the 1980's to plan a new Nubian museum in Aswan where the objects could be stored and exhibited. It was universally felt at the time that they should be kept as close as possible to their principal places of origin. Nearly 12 years later, the Museum became a reality and opened its doors in November 1997. The architecture of the Museum and the enclosure walls are intended to evoke traditional Nubian village architecture, as it was along the Nubian Nile before the region was flooded by Lake Nasser. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will show you some of the most important artifacts before allowing you free time to explore the museum at your leisure. The building is set within a landscape, on graded levels, that includes a sequence of waterfalls. When the waterway reaches the lower part of the garden, it divides into 2 branches to surround an open-air stage and amphitheater where already many local and foreign groups have performed. The remaining 43,000 square meters have been planted with palm trees, flowers, and climbing plants, spread over natural rocks.
Inclusions for Day Tour To The Nubia Museum From Aswan
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Day Tour To The Nubia Museum From Aswan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.