Day Trip Adventure To Bayano Lake From Panama City
OverviewAfter the pick-up from your hotel in Pamama City you will go on land transfer to the Guna native community, where a boat will be waiting to take you all the way to the Bayano Lake. Upon reaching the caves, get ready to start this beautiful and impressive route over a canyon full of passages and huge caverns where you will find a variety of small animals that inhabit this ecosystem without sunlight. You will see huge limestone rock formations, formed through the centuries until it ended in a lagoon where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in small crystalline waters. This route has an area of about one kilometer. After having lunch prepared by the locals you'll return to the native community where the transfer will be waiting to take you back to Panama City.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
Bayano Lake was created from Bayano River and its feeders after the construction of a dam and hydroelectric plant that provides the city of Panama and other areas, with electricity. The lake is divided into three zones interconnected by a total of 135 square miles (350 square kilometers). 80% of the lake shore is within the region of Madungand, populated by indigenous Kuna, Embera and Wounaan, Amerindian people.
Bayano Lake is a jewel of Panama, with a spectacular environment that is home to hundreds of birds and other animal species, some of them very rare. Chief among its many splendors, is found in the caves of Lake Bayano in Panama.
The caves were formed over many centuries by an underground river that still flows today, the erosion of limestone, and a combination of several factors as wind and floods.The path inside the cave lasts about four hours, with a degree of difficulty with easy parts but some parts moderately difficult, requiring more physical effort. The terrain include river crossings, large rocks, slippery ground etc.
There are areas where light penetrates to areas where we need to use lamps. There will be deep waters within the caves,so the swimming isnecessary.
Inside you will see water drops from the ceiling giving the appearance of waterfalls, different rock formations and a diverse fauna.
This tour requires physically healthy and adventurous spirit, invites nature lovers or those wishing to relax from stress and city noise. From early morning the tour starts from the capital to the Lake Bayano important natural resource of Panama.
Inclusions for Day Trip Adventure To Bayano Lake From Panama City
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Day Trip Adventure To Bayano Lake From Panama City
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Who can go? Any person from twelve to seventy years old, in good health. Minors must travel with a responsible adult
What should be brought? Wear comfortable clothing (short pants, shirt), a sun hat and a bathing suit. Closed up shoes above the ankle or sneakers with good grips; wear insect repellent and sunscreen
What no to bring? No sandals. Any object than can be deteriorated by water or valuables like jewels, cash, credit cards, etc
This tour requires a 2 person minimum to book
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.