OverviewVisit the top of the volcano that destroyed Pompeii nearly 2000 years ago. With a 7-hour guided tour, stroll through the streets of Pompeii alongside an archaeological guide (or with the accompaniment of an audio guide)*. Drive 3280ft (1000 mt) up Mt.Vesuvius and walk the path to the crater's edge. Enjoy the view of the Bay of Naples and learn the geology of the volcano from an expert volcanologist guide. Maximum group size is 25 passengers.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourTour beings at 8am with pickup from central Naples hotels, the cruise port, or a central meeting point outside Naples Central Train Station.
Have the complete Pompeii experience with a guided tour of the ruins of Pompeii and an expedition to the top of the volcano that destroyed this ancient city. In both places, learn from expert guides the history and geology that led to the destruction.
In Pompeii, see all the highlights of the ancient Roman city that laid the foundations of present social life. See the thermal baths and the frescoes of the Lupanare, then visit theBasilica and Macellum, or market square, and learn about early market negotiations. Finish with a visit to the House of Faun for an impression of the opulence of this place before the eruption of Vesuvius. Hear many interesting facts from the archaeological guide during your visit*, explaining the most interesting aspects of this ancient, commercial city.
After the walking tour inside the ruins, have around one hour for shopping and lunch (own expense) before going to Mt. Vesuvius. The driver will bring you 3280ft (1000 mt) up the mountain. From there, walk approximately25 minutes to reach the real top of the volcano. The path along the route to the top is winding with steps cut into the mountain's side. It is a moderate walk, so remember to wear comfortable shoes. Once at the top, peer into the crater and meet your volcanologist guide. Hear the geology and the history of the volcano. Spend approximately 30 minutes at the top of the mountain, then have time to take photos of the breathtaking view. The tour will ends in Naples at around 4pm
*During low season, the archaeological guide in Pompeii is replaced by an audio guide.
Inclusions for Day Trip From Naples: Pompeii And Mount Vesuvius
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Exclusions for Day Trip From Naples: Pompeii And Mount Vesuvius
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance fees (Pompeii € 13 pp and Mt Vesuvius € 10 pp, your guide will collect the amount on board and will skip the line purchasing the tickets at the guides counter)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
During the low season (November - March) the live guide inside Pompeii ruins will be replaced by an audio guide for groups of less than six
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.