Matera is one of the most interesting and singular tourist destinations in Italy. It is located southern Italy in Basilicata region.
Matera is named also the European Cultural Capital for the year 2019.
After you are greeted at your hotel in Naples you will make your way from Naples bay to the town of Matera.
Matera is know for its extensive and ancient cave dwellings, the sassi, that were inhabited as far back as Paleolithic times.
The highlights in the sassi are a series of ancient, Byzantine style churches.
Santa Maria de Idris is carved into the rock pinnacle perched on a rock ledge overhanging the ravine.
While spending the morning in the Sassi, afternoon after lunch a typical at a local place, you have time to explore the actual town, starting with a visit at Cathedral which is the highest point in the city.
The walls and columns in the Cathedral are painted a light blue with opulent gold trim and the nave is lined with chapels on both sides, another highlight is the small but very interesting Church of the Purgatorio, the interior is heavenly light blue color and colorful frescoes adorn the walls, but a dramatic counterpoint to the skull and crossbones and stern admonitions posted on the exterior of the church
Late afternoon the driver will take you back to your hotel in Naples.
The estimate departure from Naples is 8.00am
The estimate return in Naples is approximately around 7.00pm.
- Full-Day comfortable tour to the scenic city of Matera
- The opportunity to spend the day in a luxurious Positano Limo Service and get the town of Matera
- Take pleasure of breathtaking beauty of Basilicata Region.
- Admiring the scenery and exploring the beautiful view of the sassi
- Getting back to Naples as per your flexibility with Positano Limo Service
- feel free stress enjoy your vacation we will think the tour for you.