Day Trip From San Jose To Cahuita National Park (Caribbean Coast)
OverviewWhen you think of Costa Ricas Caribbean shores, things like a laid-back vibe, coconut dishes and calypso might pop up in your mind. People do not necessarily come to this side of Costa Rica for its wildlife, but if youre a big fan of Mother Nature, the flora and fauna of the eastern side of the country have a great deal to offer as well.
Know More about this tourThe National Park in Cahuita stars a splendid eight-kilometer hike along beaches that are cut straight out a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Start your tour from the Kelly Creek station in Cahuita, a tiny beachfront town, and walk all the way around Punta Cahuita towards the Puerto Vargas beach. Apart from the stunning beaches and tropical plants, the park hides a lot animals as well, including furry friends and reptiles.
As the most easily accessible national park in the Caribbean south of Costa Rica, Cahuita is a favorite among many. It consists of 2,732 acres of land and 55,200 marine acres and was created to protect the largest coral reef in the country. With stunning white sand beaches, a plethora of wildlife and a well maintained walking trail, this national park is a must for anyone visiting Puerto Viejo Costa Rica.
The 600 acre reef has around 35 species of coral, over 100 species of fish and mollusks, crustaceans and sea turtles. There are also a few rivers in the park so a variety of wildlife can be seen such as white face monkeys, herons, caimans, sloths, snakes and lizards.
Cahuita is not overly touristic even though it has well developed roads and facilities. Its the perfect place for any traveler wishing to experience the Costa Rican wildlife, jungle and beaches in a pristine and peaceful area.
One of the reasons why people love the Caribbean coast is the abundant wildlife. Cahuita National Park is one of the best in Costa Rica to see animals because of the year long lush rainforest.
Tour includes: Professional bilingual guide, comfortable air conditioning transportation, breakfast, caribbean style lunch, entrance fees, bottled water, raincoat
Departure time: 6:00 am aprox.
Duration: 12-13 hours
What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes, swimwear, hat, sunblock lotion, mosquito repellent, towel, and your camera
Inclusions for Day Trip From San Jose To Cahuita National Park (Caribbean Coast)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip From San Jose To Cahuita National Park (Caribbean Coast)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Jos City Tour
- Cinco Ceibas Combo Tour 3 in 1
- Doka Estate and La Paz Waterfalls Gardens from San Jose
- Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose
- Full Day Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour from San Jose
- Celeste River from San Jose
- Half-Day Trip to Irazu Volcano and Cartago from San Jose
- Irazu Volcano, Cartago Ruins and Sarapiqui River Tour from San Jose