Day Trip From San Jose To Monteverde Cloud Forest & Sky Adventure Park
OverviewCreated in 1972, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve is one of the most famous in the world. In 2007, it was chosen as one Costa Ricas 7 Wonders. In this forest we can find four ecological Live Zones that harbor different ecosystems for hundreds of species of mammals, birds, butterflies, amphibians, reptiles, insects and arachnids; a variety of mosses, vines, other plants, and typical trees of the Cloud Forest. Visit the Golden Toads unique habitat; see birds like the resplendent quetzal (the most beautiful bird of the Americas), the three-wattled Bell Bird, and the Black Faced Solitaire. Trees like Strangler Figs, Avocados, and Cecropias as well as epiphytes like Bromeliads, Orchids, and Mosses are common. A wide array of insects, mammals, and reptiles can also be spotted.
Know More about this tourFounded in the 1950s by a group of Quakers from the U.S.A., Monteverde has gained international renown as one of the most outstanding wildlife sanctuaries in the tropics. The reserve covers an area of 10,500 hectares of land and maintains six different life zones. The climate and the terrain of the reservation produce an incredible bio-diversity.
There are at least 400 species of birds in the highest part of the rain forest, which includes the resplendent Quetzal, formerly the sacred bird of the Mayans, more than 100 species of mammals, 120 species of amphibians and reptiles and approximately 2,500 species of plants, which make Monteverde a true paradise for bird lovers. The reserve has wet and dry seasons, although the higher parts have fog and it rains a lot during the year.
A new and spectacular way to see the forests from the heights, without doing much physical effort is the "Skywalk" (walk through the sky), which is done by a series of trails connected with suspended bridges at more than 130 feet, allowing really spectacular views of the forest.
Tour includes: Profesional bilingual guide, comfortable air conditioning transportation, breakfast , lunch, entrance fees - Sky Walk + Sky Tram + Sky Trek + Vertigo, bottled water, raincoat.
Departure time: 5:30 am
Duration: 13 hrs aprox
Inclusions for Day Trip From San Jose To Monteverde Cloud Forest & Sky Adventure Park
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Day Trip From San Jose To Monteverde Cloud Forest & Sky Adventure Park
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is require
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jungle Tubing
- Cinco Ceibas Full-Day Tour From San Jose
- Small-Group Beyond Horseback Adventure with Lunch near Jaco
- San Jos City Tour
- Cinco Ceibas Combo Tour 3 in 1
- Doka Estate and La Paz Waterfalls Gardens from San Jose
- Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose
- Full Day Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour from San Jose