OverviewThis is a unique opportunity to discover one of the most beautiful and picturesque regions of Romania. Visit, what are probably the most beautiful castles and fortresses in Transylvania and stroll through the charming medieval streets of Brasov!
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourThe tour starts with departure from Bucharest in the morning, and heads towards Sinaia. There are over 50 castles, fortresses and fortified churches in this ancient region. The tour will take you to the three most beautiful of all, starting with Peles Castle– the former royal residence, an architectural jewel.
Next on the tour you will take a journey to Bran Village, the climax of the trip, where you will visit the famous Bran Castle – better known as Dracula’s Castle, with its remarkable architecture and Gothic elements. The castle was built between 1377-1382, at 60 m high. Built originally as a fortress and surrounded by a massive wall with small windows which were used to shoot enemies, Bran Castle proved to be a successful defense point. In the inner courtyard of the castle there is a fountain used to provide water in case of a siege. Bran Castle got its fame from the novel Dracula, written by Bram Stoker, and later adapted into a movie.
After visiting Bran Castle you will next have just a short stop to Rasnov city to visit the picturesque streets with medieval houses and Rasnov Fortress. Rasnov Fortress is one of the best preserved peasant fortresses in Transylvania and was built in the 13th - 14th century. The principal purpose was to defend themselves against Tartar attacks and the fortress was conquered only once around the year 1600 by Prince Gabriel Bathory. Here you can visit the small museum inside the Fortress, but the main attraction of the visit is the beautiful 360-degree view over Brasov Depression and Piatra Craiului Mountains. This area is famous due to the fact that some of the scenes from the 2003 movie “Cold Mountain” were filmed here.
Finally a stop is made in Brasov, a lovely medieval town located in southern Transylvania at the foot of Tampa.
The tour ends in Bucharest.
Inclusions for Day Trip Through Brasov In Transylvania And Bran, Peles, And Rasnov Castles
- Driver/tour escort
- Live commentary on board
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour of Brasov
- Bottle of water
- Hotel pickup / drop off
- ! In general, during November, Peles Castle is closed for maintenance. In this case we will visit Pelisor Castle, Peles Castles smaller brother and where the royal family used to live
Exclusions for Day Trip Through Brasov In Transylvania And Bran, Peles, And Rasnov Castles
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 6 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
In general, during November, Peles Castle is closed for maintenance. In this case we will visit Pelisor Castle, Peles Castles smaller brother and where the royal family used to live
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.