Day Trip To Ancient Silk Road In Krabi With Wareerak Hot Spring SpaWrite a Review
OverviewKrabi was once a trading station on the ancient silk route. Visit the Khlong Thom Museum where old beads made of glass and stone, and coins along with pottery and ceramic shards are exhibited. Meditate at Tiger Cave Temple, refresh in Emerald Pool and enjoy the Wareerak Hot Spring Spa with a private mineral hydrotherapy.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourMany people know about the famous Silk Road, the West-to-East and vice versa route taken by Marco Polo and other Western explorers. However, very few people know there was a silk road through the south of Thailand that for centuries served foreign traders who transported goods by sea from the Greek and Roman empires to China and back.
On this full-day tour you will visit different places along the silk route in Krabi.
Explore the Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Seua), an ancient temple in Krabi and a perfect place for Buddhists to meditate. Please note that there will be not enough time to climb the 1237 steps to the summit. But you can take the shorter trail with 184 steps which leads to the foothills area where the monks live near the caves. This area is surrounded by old trees and is the perfect place for relaxation and meditation.
Continue to visit Khlong Thom Temple which is home to the museum of ancient beads and coins that proves the existence of ancient silk route trade through Krabi, Thailand to Rome, India and China.
Enjoy a nutritious lunch at Wareerak Hot Spring Spa before enjoying the private mineral hot spring in Anodard Pool amid the nature. The hydrotherapy spa treatment that will lets you forget all your daily worries.
Continue to the famous Emerald Pool and trek along a jungle trail to the fresh water pond. It is also referred to as Crystal Pool and is part of the national park full of emerald colored natural springs where you can swim to freshen up. Then it is time to head back to your hotel, where you will approx. arrive at 16:00.
- 8am - 9:15am: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 9:15am - 9:45am: Drive by minivan to Tiger Cave Temple
- 9:45am - 11:15am: Visit Tiger Cave Temple
- 11:15am - 12:30pm: Visit Khlong Tom Temple & Coin Museum
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm: Enjoy lunch at Wareerak Hot Spring Spa
- 1:30pm - 2:15pm: Enjoy hydrotherapy spa in Wareerak Hot Spring
- 2:15pm - 3:30pm: Walk & swim in the Emerald Pool
- 3:30pm - 4pm: Transfer to the hotel
Inclusions for Day Trip To Ancient Silk Road In Krabi With Wareerak Hot Spring Spa
- Hotel transfer from Ao Nang and Krabi Town
- Soft drinks, unlimited herbal drinks and tea
- Healthy Thai lunch and fruits
- National Park entrance fee
- Swimming costumes
- Exploring the hot waterfalls and tropical garden
- English-speaking guide
- Basic insurance and first aid kit
Exclusions for Day Trip To Ancient Silk Road In Krabi With Wareerak Hot Spring Spa
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Recommended items to bring: sunglasses, camera and dry clothes to change
The Wareerak Hot Spring Spa has been distinguished by Thailand's Kinnaree awards for Thai Wisdom, and by Amazing Day Spa Award
Please note that the tour program can change due to weather conditions
The tour is not operated on Wednesdays because the Khlong Thom Museum is closed on that day
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.