Many people know about the famous Silk Road, the West-to-East and vice versa route taken by Marco Polo and other Western explorers. However, very few people know there was a silk road through the south of Thailand that for centuries served foreign traders who transported goods by sea from the Greek and Roman empires to China and back.
On this full-day tour you will visit different places along the silk route in Krabi.
Explore the Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Seua), an ancient temple in Krabi and a perfect place for Buddhists to meditate. Please note that there will be not enough time to climb the 1237 steps to the summit. But you can take the shorter trail with 184 steps which leads to the foothills area where the monks live near the caves. This area is surrounded by old trees and is the perfect place for relaxation and meditation.
Continue to visit Khlong Thom Temple which is home to the museum of ancient beads and coins that proves the existence of ancient silk route trade through Krabi, Thailand to Rome, India and China.
Enjoy a nutritious lunch at Wareerak Hot Spring Spa before enjoying the private mineral hot spring in Anodard Pool amid the nature. The hydrotherapy spa treatment that will lets you forget all your daily worries.
Continue to the famous Emerald Pool and trek along a jungle trail to the fresh water pond. It is also referred to as Crystal Pool and is part of the national park full of emerald colored natural springs where you can swim to freshen up. Then it is time to head back to your hotel, where you will approx. arrive at 16:00.
- 8am - 9:15am: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 9:15am - 9:45am: Drive by minivan to Tiger Cave Temple
- 9:45am - 11:15am: Visit Tiger Cave Temple
- 11:15am - 12:30pm: Visit Khlong Tom Temple & Coin Museum
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm: Enjoy lunch at Wareerak Hot Spring Spa
- 1:30pm - 2:15pm: Enjoy hydrotherapy spa in Wareerak Hot Spring
- 2:15pm - 3:30pm: Walk & swim in the Emerald Pool
- 3:30pm - 4pm: Transfer to the hotel