Day Trip To Caral From Lima
OverviewVisit the oldest known city in the Americas on this day trip to Caral! From Lima, travel with your guide to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Caral, an archeological site where youll see ancient artifacts and structures like bone flutes, dusty temples and a few sunken plazas. This tour is designed to introduce you and your group to the history and culture of this ancient Peruvian city.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter complimentary pickup from your hotel in Lima, youll be driven north 115 miles (185 km) to the ancient ruins of Caral, located in the Supe Valley. Caral spans more than 150 acres (60 hectares) and is considered to be the oldest place of civilization in the Americas.
At the ancient city, you'll see six terraced pyramids that are thought to have been the main center of town. Surrounding the pyramids sit many residential structures and sunken plazas. Get a glimpse into how the ancient people of Caral lived as you admire many artifacts and dwellings, including pieces of textile, necklaces, flutes made from animal bones, reed and woven bags, ceremonial burial relics and structures made from adobe and stone.
Youll also see evidence of agricultural practices and elaborate religious ceremonies, as well as a design carved into the earth called Chupacigaro, which was used to measure the movements of the stars.
After exploring the ruins, you'll have time to get lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before heading back to Lima.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Caral From Lima
- Share day trip to Caral
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip To Caral From Lima
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.