Day Trip To El Paredón - Puerto Quetzal
OverviewCome visit the beautiful surf village of El Paredón and explore the mysterious mangroves in a protected National Park on the Pacific coast of Guatemala. Try your hand at surfing, take a tour of the village, including an optional educational activity in the library with the local kids. Learn how to cook as the locals do followed by an incredible experience watching sea turtles come up for air in a beautiful spot down the river.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThis tour offers a collection and drop-off service from Puerto Quetzal. After arrival in El Paredn, you will be accompanied to La Choza Chula's headquarters in the heart of the village. You will then head to the Poza del Nance, one of only seven sea-turtle feeding grounds in the world where turtles are present all year-round. See their heads surface as they come up for air in a beautiful spot, a 20 minute boat ride from El Paredn. On the way back our local guide will take you to the salt farms and explain the extraction process, before heading back to El Paredn. Here, you will head to a local family's home to learn how to make traditional Guatemalan tortillas and empanadas (vegetarian option available upon request). In the afternoon, you will venture into the mangroves in a small boat and paddle through the beautiful tunnels spotting crabs, birds and four-eyed fish along the way.
All the activities are run with trained local guides alongside a La Choza Chula member of staff for translation. All proceeds go towards supporting La Choza Chula's community development projects.
Includes: Transport to/from Puerto Quetzal, all guides, translator, all boat hire, small snacks, water refills, a turtle-themed bracelet, and an empanada recipe card.
Inclusions for Day Trip To El Paredón
- Transport to/from Puerto Quetzal
- Light refreshments
- Water bottle refills
- All activities
- Local guides
- Boat hire
Exclusions for Day Trip To El Paredón
Itinerary:9:00am - Welcome to El Paredón
9:30am - Surf class. Learn to surf the famous pacific coast, while supporting the local surf school, Escuilita de Surf Torre Fuerte.
11:00am - Tour of the village. Enjoy a delicious fruit smoothie while strolling around this idyllic village, visiting the library, the turtle nursery, and the secondary school.
12:30pm- Cooking class and lunch. Learn how to make traditional Guatemalan tortillas, empanadas, ticucas and then eat what you make. Or just sit back and enjoy a meal with a local family. This is a fantastic opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of a local family’s kitchen while improving your Central American cooking repertoire. Vegetarian options are available.
2:30pm - Turtle tour. Go turtle-spotting and watch as the amazing creatures come up for air in a beautiful spot 10 minutes from El Paredón. Includes transport and local guide.
5pm - End of the tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.