Day Trip To El Quelite From Mazatlan - Mazatlan, Sinaloa, México
OverviewExperience the charm of rural Mexico on a day trip to the colonial town of El Quelite. Enjoy a walk around the riverside village of red-roofed adobe houses and meet the hospitable local people on this relaxing day trip. The tour takes you to a traditional bakery, cheese factory and fish tank factory, with the option to include a traditional lunch at one of Mexicos most famous restaurants.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourYour El Quelite day trip begins with pickup from your Mazatlan hotel. Relax on the short drive to this riverside village, 25 miles (40 kilometers) northeast of Mazatlan, and experience rural Mexican life when you stop to visit a quail farm, a cheese factory and a producer of ornamental fish tanks.
Your professional guide will provide some background history before your arrival in El Quelite, explaining how it was the scene of major historical events during the Mexican Revolution. The area was home to several groups of rebels, the most recognized being Los Laureanos, who stole the gold carried by stagecoaches making their way from the Sierra Madre Mountains down to the coast.
Things are much quieter in El Quelite these days, and now the town is better known for its rural atmosphere and lovely surrounding countryside. Take a stroll around the quiet streets lined with adobe houses, and admire their red-tiled roofs and gardens of colorful bougainvillea. Your walk takes you along narrow stone streets to the church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, passing a rustic bakery and a cockfighting training ranch.
Along the way, you might see locals sitting outside in the street, playing the ancient pre-Hispanic game called the Ulama.
To complete your day trip to El Quelite, choose the lunch option to include a traditional lunch at El Meson de los Laureanos, the most famous Mexican restaurant in the state of Sinaloa.
Inclusions for Day Trip To El Quelite From Mazatlan
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- 3 beverages on the drive to El Quelite (soft drinks, bottled water or beer)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip To El Quelite From Mazatlan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food (available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum age to consume alcohol is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.