From USD 90.9
OverviewIn this full-day small group tour, discover the Giethoorn, picturesque town where people live with and on the water. Enjoy a boat cruise along the restored farm houses. You will have some free time for lunch and to explore the place on your own. Then, continue to an impressive long dike in the Ijsselmeer. Your guide will make a picture stop before continuing on to Amsterdam or to Volendam, if option selected. In Volendam, you will visit the cheese factory. Get to know everything about cheese and get a tasting session. Additionally, visit the waffle museum âWoltjerâ where the history of the Dutch syrup waffle is explained, before returning to Amsterdam.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up at a centrally located place in Amsterdam in the morning. On board in your comfortable vehicle, you will pass through the typical Dutch landscape the drive will last approximately 1.5 hours to the Dutch Venice, Giethoorn. In this picturesque town with all itâs canals it becomes very clear how the Dutch people can live with and on the water. In Giethoorn cars are not allowed and little has changed over the centuries. You will enjoy this wonderfully preserved town walking and by boat. There are many types of boats, gondolas and punters, flat bottom boats that are used for transport on the canals. Your included 1-hour boat tour passes the skillfully restored farm houses. After this you will have some free time for lunch (not included) and be able to do some further exploring on your own. Naturally, your professional guide can give you some tips on what to see and where to eat.
After lunch, continue to an impressive 20km/12mi long dike in the Ijsselmeer, on of the largest lakes in Western Europe. Left and right you see water and reclaimed land â polders in Dutch. Your guide will make a picture stop before continuing on to Volendam (if option selected).
In Volendam you can still feel this atmosphere on the âDijkâ, the center of Volendam. You will visit the cheese factory. Here you will learn everything there is to know about cheese. Of course the most important part is the tasting session! Another visit is made to the waffle museum and store âWoltjerâ where the history of the Dutch syrup waffle is explained. When you are done with these tastings and everyone is satisfied, your guide will drive you back to Amsterdam.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Giethoorn With Optional Visit To Volendam From Amsterdam
- 7.5-hour Giethoorn Day Trip from Amsterdam
- Transport in a coach
- 1-hour boat tour of Giethoorn
- Photo stop at Enkhuizen Dijk
- Optional: 9.5-hours Giethoorn and Volendam day trip from Amsterdam, which extra includes a visit to the cheese factory and a tasting session
Exclusions for Day Trip To Giethoorn With Optional Visit To Volendam From Amsterdam
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.