Day Trip To Iceland's Beautiful South Coast From Reykjavik
OverviewEnjoy this detailed 9.5-10 hour day trip along the south coast of Iceland. You will see the waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and SkÃ³gafoss, the black sand beach Reynisfjara, cape DyrhÃ³laey and the SÃ³lheimajÃ¶kull glacier where you can wak all the way up to the edge of the glacier.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Enjoy a comprehensive, 9.5-10 hour day tour around the south coast of Iceland.
The day starts with complimentary pick up from hotels and guesthouses within the greater Reykjavik area. Pick-up starts at 8am and at 8:30am the tour leaves from Harpa, music and conference hall in downtown Reykjavik where the base is located.The size of the coach you will be travelling on depends on how many people are booked for the tour. It could be a 16 seater minibus or a 50 seater coach.
We will drive straight out of town heading for the south coast, and after driving for approximately 1.5 hours through Iceland's scenery we will take a short break at Hvolsvllur, where passengerscan use the bathrooms or buy coffee (own expense).
The next stop on the tour is the majestic waterfall Skgafoss, and from there we will drive up to Reynisfjara beach where it's possible to seethe black sands and basaltic columns. Usually we stop for lunch at Reynisfjara (own expense) but in some cases we may go to the small village of Vk and stop there instead. From Reynisfjara we will head to cape Dyrhlaey, the southernmost point of Iceland, where you can see itsmagnificent ocean cliffs.
The tour then takes passengers to Slheimajkull glacier where we take approximately a 15 minute walk up to the glaciers edge, on some days it's possible to walk close enough to touch the glacier.
From Slheimajkull it is around a 30 minute drive to the waterfall Seljalandsfoss. When the weather is mild it is possible to walk behind it. Seljalandsfoss is the last stop of the day and from there it's approximately a 2-hour drive back to Reykjavk where passengerswill be dropped off back at their hotel/guesthouses.
Please note that drop off might be close to your hotel rather than at the hotel door - this depends on accessibility.
This tour involves some short, relatively easy walks on the sites visited. It's recommended that you dress warmly because the weather in Iceland can change very quickly.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Iceland's Beautiful South Coast From Reykjavik
- Round trip excursion.
- Pickup and drop-off for selected hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavik.
- Professional guidance in English.
Exclusions for Day Trip To Iceland's Beautiful South Coast From Reykjavik
- Bathroom fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Please dress appropriately: warm and waterproof clothing and good shoes are recommended as weather in Iceland can be very changeable and unpredictable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Volcano Tour from Reykjavik: Descent Into Thrihnukagigur Volcano and Hike
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik
- Wonders of Snfellsnes Peninsula - Private Tour from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Snfellsnes Peninsula from Reykjavik - The Wonders of Snaefellsnes
- Small-Group Hot Springs and Lava Cave Day Trip from Reykjavik
- 3-Hour 'Quad Mad' ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik