Day Trip To Irazu Volcano And Boat Ride On Sarapiqui River From San Jose
OverviewThis full-day, guided tour provides you with transportation to see the best of Costa Rica in a single day. Visit the Cartago Ruin, Irazu Volcano, take a safari, explore a local farm, and journey through the Madero Negro Reserve. Tour includes a home-cooked lunch and breakfast. Hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tour
This complete tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy the highlights of Costa Rica in one full day, first by going to the Ruinas de Cartago where you will get to know the amazing story that surrounds this place, then we will visit the Iraz Volcano, with its unique view to the crater and on a clear day you can see both the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean.
Once that we arrive to Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqu well board the boat to discover the richness of Costa Ricas nature along the river. The boat ride will last two hours, time to witness the magnificent rain forest and its habitants, such as toucans, monkeys, sloths, crocodiles and many other species.
At the end of this river adventure you will be arriving to a private farm, to enjoy a home-style lunch, and then you can hike on one of the nature trails. Also you will have the opportunity to visit our Butterfly Garden, an unbelievable snake collection and the Frog Sanctuary.
In the afternoon before returning to the city, enjoy the scenic view of the exuberant Braulio Carrillo, as you pass through this spectacular National Park.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Irazu Volcano And Boat Ride On Sarapiqui River From San Jose
- Visit to Iraz Volcano.
- Coffee break.
- Visit to Las Ruinas de Cartago.
- 1 hrs. Boat ride.
- Madero Negro Private Reserve.
- Visit to the Frog Sanctuary, Butterfly Garden, Snake collection.
- Transportation in air-conditioned buses.
Exclusions for Day Trip To Irazu Volcano And Boat Ride On Sarapiqui River From San Jose
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel.
You must be ready 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel
Bring a raincoat, camera, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes, and hat
IMPORTANT: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.