OverviewVisit the Nicaraguan cities of Masaya and Granada on this day trip from Managua. First explore Masaya, where you'll discover a large local market filled with beautiful handmade crafts and jewelry. Youâll also see an active volcanic crater in Masaya Volcano National Park before you head to colonial Granada, where youâll visit the Convent and Museum of San Francisco, Cathedral of Granada , Independence Plaza and more! Your knowledgeable guide will lead you through both cities and teach you about their histories along the way.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Managua hotel, head 18 miles (29 km) to Masaya, known both as the 'City of Flowers' and as the ‘Cradle of Folklore.’ First visit Masaya Volcano National Park, where you’ll see its active crater up close before visiting the Ecological Museum to learn about the geology and history of the volcano. Then head into town and walk through the local market, where you'll find beautiful handmade crafts made from wood and ceramics, as well as clothing and jewelry. Masaya is known for its handicrafts, so this is a great place to pick up a souvenir, if you wish!
Next, re-board your coach and enjoy the drive to Granada. Located on the shores of Lake Nicaragua (also known as Lake Cocibolca), Granada is a quaint colonial city filled with colorfully painted buildings and rich history. Admire the colonial architecture, sample local food like the delicious vigoron, a plantain wrap filled with pork and cabbage (own expense), and learn about the city’s culture and history from your guide.
Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), and then continue your tour of Granada to Independence Plaza, where you'll find an obelisk dedicated to the heroes of the 1821 struggle for independence. Then head to Central Park, where you'll see the Cathedral of Granada, originally built in the early 1500s. Admire the cathedral’s four chapels and 12 stained-glass windows, and then walk along the pedestrianized street of La Calzada to marvel at the colorful colonial buildings.
Next, visit the Convent and Museum of San Francisco, which houses one of the best museums in the region. Tour the museum to see Primitivist art, a to-scale model of the city and the Zapatera statuary. Then visit Casa de los Tres Mundos, a foundation created to support and promote cultural projects in Nicaragua. Tour the beautiful mansion that houses Casa de los Tres Mundos, and browse through a few art displays.
Your tour ends when you are transported back to your Managua hotel.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Masaya And Granada From Managua
- Entrance fees
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip To Masaya And Granada From Managua
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.