Day Trip To Pavia And Oltrepo Pavese From Milan
OverviewPavia is a real gem of architecture. With your private driver andProfessional Guide, Pavia isideal for aday trip (just a 40 minute drive from Milan).In the 1800s, the Italian Oltrepo Pavese region was home to over 225 native grape varieties. Today, only about 12 of those varieties are still being produced, including Croatina and Pinot Nero, whichare considered the most important varieties grown in this region. During this tour you will enjoy the history and culture of Pavia and taste the delicatessen and wine produced in the area.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourIn the morning, your driver-guide picks you up fromyour hotel and drives you to Pavia,a city famed for its 100 towers. The city retains the charms of its ancient past thanks to its historic monuments, including the University which was founded in 1361. Paviaincludes a large number ofwell-preserved medieval and early Renaissance buildings, churches andancient squares.
Visit the Ponte Coperto, also known as thePonte Vecchio.See, too, the Church of San Michele, theDuomo, and theCastello Visconteo, which includes works dating from medieval times to the 20th century.
After the visit, your driver escorts you to the Oltrepo Pavese region for your wine tour. This regionis known locally as the 'Tuscany of the North' for its beautiful rolling hills and its medieval hamlets. Your tour includes a visit to a winery followed by a wine tasting served with salame di Varzi, an authentic regional product made only in this area. You'll have time for a relaxing stroll andexploration of the traditional food and wine of thearea having lunchin alocal trattoria.
After lunch, you'll continue toCertosa di Pavia, considered one of the most unique buildings in Lombardy. Located north of Pavia, this historic complex was founded at the end of the 15th century and encompasses a monastery, sanctuary, and beautiful gardens. After the visit your driver will escort you back to your accommodation in Milan.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Pavia And Oltrepo Pavese From Milan
- Round-trip private transfer
- Tour escort at disposal full day
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Day Trip To Pavia And Oltrepo Pavese From Milan
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milan Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Milan Art Tour: Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' and the Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore
- Milan Renaissance Treasures and The Last Supper
- Milan Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan Walking Tour with da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' Tickets
- Milan City Hop-on Hop-off Tour