Day Trip To Plitvice Lakes - RijekaWrite a Review
This beautiful National Park is also known as the land of falling rivers, due to the vast pool of natural waterfall formations that occur here. Registered in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is a gorgeous imagery of all sorts of waterfalls coming together to form a pool of river in a beautiful amalgamation of the perfect natural wonder. Our will take care of your pickup and drop off and will be accompanied by a well versed tour guide as well.
- Referred to as the “Land of the Falling Lakes,” Plitvice Lakes National park is precisely that. Over thousands of years, surface and subterranean rivers have carved paths for themselves through the limestone, only to be halted by natural travertine dams, resulting in the formation of sixteen lakes all pooling into one another, creating one of nature’s greatest masterpieces. Aside from the grandeur of its cascading waterfalls, the national park’s lush forest is home to many endemic species, including the European brown bear, wolf, lynx, and numerous rare bird species.
- Founded in 1949, Plitvice Lakes is the oldest national park in Southeast Europe, and also the largest national park in Croatia. In 1979, it was among the first natural sites to be accepted into the UNESCO World Heritage register.
Know More about this tour
Pick up at desired place in Rijeka and drive towards Plitvice Lakes National park.
Spend Your day exploring the park. Sightseeing is circular and includes a walk through the limestone canyon of the “Lower Lakes”, an electric-boat ride across the largest of the Plitvice lakes – Lake “Kozjak”, a panoramic train ride, and a walk along the top of the canyon’s east side all the way back to starting point at “Entrance 1”. You will also see the impressive “Great Waterfall” and the “Sastavci” waterfalls, the beautiful dark blue lakes of “NovakoviÄÂa Brod”, “KaluÄÂerovac”, “Gavanovac” and “Milanovac”, as well as the vastness of Lake Kozjak.
Afterwards we’ll go to the most visited national park in Croatia - Plitvice lakes. Tour in the park with/without an experienced tour guide.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Plitvice Lakes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private car or mini van transfer from Rijeka to Plitvice lakes and back
- Professional and friendly guide / driver
- Panoramic boat ride
- Sightseeing by electric train
Exclusions for Day Trip To Plitvice Lakes
- Entrance fee to Plitvice Lakes National park
- Food and drinks
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 7 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 10%
- If you cancel between 7 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.