As we know already that Sofia is home to rich Bulgarian history and culture, which extravagantly manifests in its architecture; this tour will thus titillate your senses and take you down the pages of history and occasionally bring them alive too. The tour will take you to the Rila Monastery and the Boyana Church as well. There are the old pine forests and monuments going back to the 14th century. The tour will be presided over by a well versed tour guide, who will fill you in and take you places.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Rila Monastery is the largest, the most beautiful and the most important Bulgarian monastery, founded in 10th c. by the most honored Bulgarian saint Ivan Rilski (John of Rila). The oldest building is Hrelyo’s tower from 14th c. The monastery is situated among the rocky peaks and ancient pine forests of Rila Mountains.
The distance between Sofia and the monastery is 110 km and it takes about 2-hour drive to get there. Boyana Church is famous for its proto Renaissance wall paintings from 13th c. It is situated in one of Sofia’s neighborhoods, so you can perfectly combine a visit to both the monastery and the church.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Rila Monastery And Boyana Church From Sofia
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip To Rila Monastery And Boyana Church From Sofia
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.