Day Trip To Rila Monastery And Boyana Church From Sofia
OverviewTwo UNESCO World Heritage sites in one day only. Rila Monastery is the largest, the most beautiful and the most important Bulgarian monastery, Boyana Church is famous for its proto-Renaissance wall paintings from the 13th century.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourRila Monastery is the largest, the most beautiful and the most important Bulgarian monastery, founded in 10th c. by the most honored Bulgarian saint Ivan Rilski (John of Rila). The oldest building is Hrelyo’s tower from 14th c. The monastery is situated among the rocky peaks and ancient pine forests of Rila Mountains.
The distance between Sofia and the monastery is 110 km and it takes about 2-hour drive to get there. Boyana Church is famous for its proto Renaissance wall paintings from 13th c. It is situated in one of Sofia’s neighborhoods, so you can perfectly combine a visit to both the monastery and the church.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Rila Monastery And Boyana Church From Sofia
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip To Rila Monastery And Boyana Church From Sofia
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.